fifteen

(Flashback continued)

George and I spent a lot of time together and another month went by. Still no word from Bree. Although she showed up at my apartment today.
I opened the door and there she was.
"Hey (y/n)." She walked in as if she had been doing it for the last four months.
"What are doing here?" I asked her.
"What do you mean?"
"You haven't spoken to me for four months and I'm just a little confused as to why you suddenly show up." I did my best to hide any anger or sass towards her.
"I know (y/n). I'm a shitty friend. Ashton and I have been really busy."
"Oh." I nodded.
"Well I really needed to tell you something."
"What is it?"
She sat on my couch and I also sat down.
"I really missed you (y/n). I wanted to tell you that Ashton and I were going to move to Los Angeles and we're getting the perfect house together. He actually proposed to me (y/n). I've never been happier."
"That's great Bree. I'm going to miss you."
"I'm going to miss you too," she hugged me, "before going to Los Angeles, we're going to Los Vegas to get married. Oh I can't wait."
"When are you moving?"
"This Friday. So two days from now."
"Wow. So soon."
"Yeah. Well I still have a lot of packing to do so I have to go home and do that." She stood up.
I stood up also and walked her out the door. She hugged me one last time and we said our final goodbyes. She gave me back the house key that I had gave her and left.
I felt as if she didn't care about me anymore. I thought about how I reacted to her leaving the last time and felt stupid. I laid on my bed and looked at all the old pictures we had taken together on my phone.
I had heard the door knock and went to open it. I was greeted by a smiling George.
"Hey, George. Come in."
He walked in and sat on the couch.
"(Y/N), I have to tell you something."
"Oh God, please don't take him away too." I thought to myself as I sat down.
"What is it?"
"I'm not sure how to say it but it's been keeping me up and I don't think I can sleep until I just get this out but I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable."
"You can tell me anything, George."
"Okay," he started to blush, "Since we started spending time together again... I've started to develop feelings for you."
I was speechless. I couldn't think of anything to say back to him.
"You don't have to say anything back. I just wanted to let you know." I he got up and started heading to the front door.
"You don't have to leave. You can sleep over if you want."
"I'd like that."

You guys, I don't ever want to lose my best friend. I would love to write more about her, but I rather not. And by the way, I named Bree after her. Her name is actually Breezay, but I feel like some people don't know how to pronounce it.
If any of you don't know ily is, it is an abbreviation for I love you.