+ four +

EDITED [Still Lukes POV]

I leant down to check her pulse, nothing. There was no sign of her breathing. 
I broke down on my knees and just sobbed. Why would she do this to herself? What pushed her
do something so drastic? When I finally composed myself I pulled out my phone and rang the
ambulance because I was in so much shock, nothing else came to mind. They said they'd be here as soon as they could and within 10 minutes I could hear the sound of the piercing siren. I watched as they took her body on the gurney and that was enough to make me feel guilty as all hell. I wasn't there for her when she needed me.

This is all my fault.

I've always despised the hospital; just the thought makes my stomach churn. Walking past the different wards makes me ill; seeing all the patients suffering, it makes me feel miserable. I waited anxiously in the waiting room for the doctor to come out and tell me it was alright that she was fine. That my best friend was still her perfect and optimistic self, but the doctor never came. I had already been sitting here for what felt like hours, or perhaps it felt longer since I was anxious. I glanced down at my hands and sighed heavily at my bitten nails. My legs started to jolt up and down but eventually I made my way to front desk.

"Um, do you know if Scarlet Jones is out yet?" I ask the lady sitting behind the desk, her dark-brown corkscrew hair fascinating me.

She barely looked up at me and typed something into her computer, before tilting her head and replying with, "Yep, she got out half an hour ago, room 212."

"Oh god, thank you," I say and speed to the room.

She was lying down in the bed, the sheets hovering over her. Her hair was a mess but she still managed to look adorable. Her face had lost the pale shade it was when I found her. As soon I walked in, the doctor approached me and smiled.

"Is she okay?" I ask nervously chewing the inside of my cheek for what seemed like the twentieth time.

"She's fine now, we stitched up all of the cuts but she did lose quite a lot of blood, that's probably why you found her unconscious. But you’re fortunate you called when you did as if it was any later she wouldn't be here right now."

"Thank you," I answer and sigh a sigh of relief. "Will she wake up soon?"

"It may take her a while to wake up as a result of the loss of blood, but it shouldn't take to long." He replied and exited the room, leaving me some privacy.

I brushed a lock of her soft brown hair and tucked it behind her ear before planting a tender kiss to her forehead. She stirred lightly before her emerald eyes fluttered open. She gave me a weak smile before opening her mouth to speak.

"Luke" she whispered.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked and she nodded, smiling weakly at me.

“I’m fine, my head hurts a bit but that’s all.” She spoke softly.

"Are you the one who found me?" She asked suddenly, tears brimming her eyes.

I nodded slowly, "Why scar?"

She bit her lip, "Britney just said some stuff to me and I lost it and took the rest of the day off. I felt weak cause y-o-u we-ren't there,” she answered and a tear rolled down her cheek. 

"Scarlet, she's just jealous" I said soothingly rubbing her back.

"No! Everything she said is true! I'm not pretty, I'm fat, I'm-" She yelled but I cut her off

"Scarlet stop! Look Scar, you mean everything to me; I've told you this before, remember we swore on it? I won't let anyone hurt you okay? You're my best friend and I promise not to leave you Scar," I said gingerly and held out my pinkie finger.

She joined hers with mine and beamed a smile as I pulled her in for a hug.