2: Markimoo

Mark P.O.V.

It was supposed to be like every other day. Well, it was going to be kinda different because I dyed my hair blue that weekend. I'd probably get new compliments or rumors about it, but those didn't matter to me. I got up at 6:30 like usual. Changing into shorts and a cut-off tee, I took my normal morning jog around the block and came back home for a quick shower. I made myself eggs and bacon with a cup of coffee. By the time I was finished, it was about 7:35. I sped walked up the stairs to my room. Searching through my closet, I decided that wearing a plain white T-shirt and skinny jeans would be just fine. I slipped off my shorts and cut-off, putting on the new clothing items in their place. I grabbed my track bag, stuffing in a clean pair of shorts and my Reptar cut-off. I had practice after school on Mondays, so new clothes were necessary. I didn't want to be smelly driving home. I ran back to the kitchen once more, grabbing a granola bar and a couple of water bottles before making my way to my vehicle out front. I tossed my backpack and track bag into the passenger's seat. Soon, I was pulling out of my driveway and heading to school.

Although I'm a kid who has decent grades and can play sports pretty well, I'd rather be somewhere other than school. It's not a place for me. It can help me receive scholarships for colleges and I get to see my buddies, but it's also a place I hate. There are rumors made up about me daily. And don't get me started on what backstabbing idiots make fun of me for. It can be anywhere from my height to my hair to my sexuality. The sexuality one is said a lot more often than any of the others. I'm openly bisexual, and saying that to an entire school of unaccepting teenagers can bring around big issues. I mean c'mon, people! I'm just another human who can be attracted to a male or female! Why do you have to be so cruel and treat me as an outcast?! Oh, well. High school is just a small part of life. I'll live through it.

Setting my car in park, I looked into the rearview mirror to make sure I don't look like an idiot. My eyebrows furrowed together as my eyes traced around my face. I get complimented by girls daily, yet I see so many flaws. I have never thought I looked handsome at all. I sighed as I exited the vehicle and headed toward the building of "education," lies, cruelty, and idiocy.

I made my way down a hallway, passing by the cafeteria where a few people greeted me. I soon spotted my friends, Bob and Wade, who beckoned me over to them. I simply shook my head and pointed to the Nike bag hanging off my shoulder. They both nodded, knowing I had to stop by the locker room before sitting down at a colorless table with them. I walked past a group of girls who began to whisper as I walked by. Typical....

Finally making it to the locker room, I greeted my track coach as I pushed open the door. He had said something, but I couldn't make it out. I was soon to realize what his words were.

As soon as I made it through the doorway, my eyes widened and my face flushed red. There was someone in there I didn't expect to see. My vision traced up his body, taking in every detail. A beige towel was wrapped around his hips, which covered everything from the waist below. What was exposed before me was his small, pale waist and back. As my eyes averted further up him, a vibrant splash of green was atop his head. Slowly, his head turned. His eyes, full of shock and fear, locked with mine. I could feel the heat rising off my cheeks.

"F-Fookin' hell, Fischbach!" The phrase rose from his throat, loud and accented. He curled up against the wall to try and cover himself more.

I was still in a surprised state that I just stood there absentmindedly for a few moments. Suddenly, it came to mind that this was actually happening and not my imagination running wild. That was a good thing too, otherwise I would have just gaped at the man who stood in front of me with only a towel on.

"I-I-I am s-so sorry-y!" I was finally about to stutter out. "I-I didn't know there was-s-s s-someone in here!" I averted my gaze to the door once again, holding my hand against my face so I didn't see him in my peripheral vision as I quickly exited. My back hit against the wall on the left side of the entrance to the locker room. I slowly slid down to the floor, reviewing exactly what just happened in detail. My heart slammed against my ribs as shallow breaths escaped from my lips. The feeling of awkward tension in my jeans made the blush on my cheeks even darker. Let's just say it wasn't my greatest moment.

After calming myself down, and a quick trip to the restroom, I decided that going back to the locker wouldn't be a good idea. At least, anytime soon. My feet dragged me over to my locker where I shoved my bulky track bag and gathered my things for first period. I mean, I was already there. Might as well grab it.

Slowly making my way back to the cafeteria, I reminisced over the small incident with that green-haired kid. I didn't remember ever seeing him before. Then again, my eyes don't wander a room often. I kept thinking about him: his small frame, pale skin and bright green hair. But, what stuck out most to me were his eyes. They were filled with shock, fear and confusion when they met mine, yet their color was mesmerizing. It was like deep ocean waves crashing onto the coast. Beautiful, dark, mysterious and frightening. (What? I'm afraid of the ocean). Regardless, this kept me in wonder and pure awe for awhile that my face made contact with a pole as soon as I entered the room. Of course, laughs filled the lunchroom; even Bob and Wade were chuckling up a storm. I just shook it off and sat down with my friends.

"Mark, are you okay?" Bob asked after his laughter died down into only small chuckles.

"I'm fine," I stated. I rubbed a hand down my face to make sure I had no serious injury. No blood was found. Just a slight pain in my forehead and nose.

"You were really zoned out, man," Wade leaned into the conversation. "What were thinking about?"

My eyes widened at my friends. I knew I wasn't going speak of what happened this morning. I had to keep it a secret; not only for my sake but for his (whoever he may be). Plus, I didn't think they'd take it well if I had said 'I saw this adorable guy in the locker room with nothing but a towel and I have no idea who he may be. But, I wouldn't mind finding out.' That was a bad idea in a nutshell. So, I kept silent about it.

"N-Nothing important," I folded my arms onto the table, placing my chin on the top one.

"I don't think that's the case," Bob scooted closer to me. "I think Mark's got a crush. His face says it all!"

My cheeks felt hot as those goobers cheered and teased me together. They weren't wrong, but they weren't right either. My face slid down my arms until I could see nothing but the darkness they created. This mysterious man was rather attractive, but I knew nothing about him. His name was unknown to me. In fact, his presence all together was something I never knew about. He probably hated me by now, anyway. Yet, even with that possibility in mind, I just wanted an answer to one simple question.

'Who the hell was that guy?'

A/N: Sooooo.... this thing got updated (and don't yell at me for Mark's awkward boner. They happen!). It had been a good while since I've had any inspiration to write at all. There was nothing going on in my brain. It was just blank. And Vidcon. Boy, does that need to be updated. It's just been too long, and if I'm honest, it'll probably be a bit longer. I don't think I'll update that until it's complete. That way it can be done and I won't have to worry about updating that along with any of my other works. This will get more updates after the 17th because that's when I'm finally home again! Expect updates in this book and, if I use my time wisely and am in the mood, Vidcon will be done by the end of July-beginning of August. I want to work on a few other projects and make a few videos. Updates will be faster soon, I promise! Everything is just complicated right now. I'll see you guys super soon! Ciao!

-Jepsyca

Also, a pic for Mark as well: