Chapter 14: Sh*t Just Got Real

After that moment and that kiss, I arrived home in a state of euphoria.  Seriously, I was just too happy... Nothing could ever break my mood.

I stepped inside our living room and my sister greeted me with this very scared and apologetic face.

“Sis, I am so so sorry... I screwed up.  Please forgive me...” she begged as she tried to kneel in front of me.

And I thought... Wait, this girl must have done something major.  I’m sure she damaged something.  Why? because in our house, we call her “Deadly hands”.  She’s careless... she breaks things too easily when she holds them.  I cannot count the number of things which got ripped or broken just because she held them.

Let me tell you about my siblings.  I have four younger siblings.  I am the eldest.  Next to me is Jessica a.k.a Deadly Hands who is one year younger.  Joemar is one year younger than her then Jeric is one year younger than Joemar.  We have a baby sister, Jenny.  She’s still in pre-school so there’s a very huge age gap between her and Jeric.

Notice how all of our names start with J?  I don’t know how but my Dad thought it would be fun to have all our first name start with J since he is the Junior in his family.

Anyways, I am now staring at Jessica as I try hard to keep a straight face.

“What did you do this time?” I asked her calmly.

“Well, I borrowed that pink dress...”

“You didn’t ask for my permission.”

She flinched.

“I’m sorry... You were kinda busy with school and I forgot to tell you so I wore it today for our Christmas party and...”

“You didn’t ask for my permission.” I said again.

She bowed down her head.

“What did you do to my dress?” I asked in a fierce tone.

She knows how much I hate it when she wears my things without my permission.

“Well, while we were playing games, it kinda ripped.” She said quickly as she raised her arms to shield herself.

I know... I can be pretty violent when I want to.  I need to control my temper.

I continued staring at her.

She slowly lowered her hand and glanced at me nervously.

“Next time, ask for my permission.” I whispered in a grave tone.  Then, I walked away.

She seemed genuinely surprised that I did not scream at her or hit her.

She followed me with slow steps.  “I’m really sorry.  I’ll buy you another one.” She whispered.

“That was an expensive dress.” I informed her.

“Well, I know how to look for affordable ones that are as good as that one.”

I glanced at her.  I knew she was telling the truth.  Jessica is fashionable... and to top it all, she is really very beautiful.  She’s like the Grace version of her batch.  She’s also my personal stylist in the sense that she helps me choose what to wear or dress me up since I don’t care about those things.  She was the one who chose that pink dress for me because she knows someday she can borrow it.  Very clever of her, I know.

Since we are about the same size, we normally borrow from each other as long as there’s consent.  If you don’t ask for permission, it’s World War 3.  I knew she was telling the truth about her offer to get me a new one.  She’s good at bargaining or shopping.