Chapter 4: Sportsfest

Wild girl.

That nickname will have to stick with me for a few more months.

I know it’s entirely my fault…  and so I know I have to work hard to change that image.

At least all of my classmates didn’t mind, they were also drunk that night.

As for me, I promised myself.  No more drinking, Julie.  Not now… not ever!

I am suffering from three things after that night:

First, when I got home the next day, my mother screamed at me non-stop for not answering her calls. 

“This never happened when Chester was around!” she screamed.

“Okay, wait… Mom, Chester had nothing to do with me being drunk.  All of my classmates were drinking even Jason, my benchmark.” I reminded her calmly.

That seemed to calm her down.  She knows I’m competing with  Jason for the top spot. 

Therefore, anything Jason does, I am somehow allowed to do.  I don’t know where’s the logic in that.

“So, you mean Jason spent the night at Shiela’s house?” she asked me seriously.

I froze at her question because I didn’t know who spent the night.  When I woke up the next day, I was alone in that room and most of my classmates had gone home.  Shiela was kind enough to order their driver to take me home.

“Well, of course!” I said, lying.

She eyed me quizzically but didn’t push further.

“Next time, when the clock strikes 9 pm and you’re not yet home, I am going to call you, young lady and you better pick up the call or else!” she warned.

“Yes, mom.” I said very politely showing her that I was being very sincere.

I walked up the stairs and then realized something.

“Mom!”

“What?”

“You don’t need to worry because I am never drinking again!”

“Why are you saying that?”

“Because it’s disgusting and I lose control of myself.”

“You’re gonna eat your words.”

I stared at her, shocked.  “Are you really my mother?  You’re supposed to support me!”

She laughed at my response.

Second, I am suffering from the extreme bullying of Aaron.  I don’t know when he heard Geoffrey calling me that but he hopped on the bandwagon and started calling me wildgirl every freaking time.

“Hey, wild girl.... you dropped your pen.”

“Hey wild girl, our teacher is looking for you.”

I swear if it is legal to punch him, I probably would have done it ages ago.  He is such a pain in the neck.  I am thinking of filing a verbal bullying case against him.

Third, I am suffering from the extremely weird look Geoffrey flashes me everytime I bump into him.  He would suddenly scan me from head to foot, stare at me then smirk as if he just discovered a lame joke.  I desperately wanted to ask him what he’s thinking or what happened that night but I was scared that he would say something funny like... “You look disgusting when you sleep” or “You reek of alcohol”.  So, I just ignored him.

Thank God for girlfriends!  I started hanging out with Hazel and she introduced me to Mary... so the three of us became close and we started eating lunch or snacks together.  Like normal high school girls, we talked or rather they talked about their crushes (Geoffrey and Ivan) and I talked about Chester.  Now, come to think of it, I always remember Chester because of our conversations and well.... I started missing him.  Darn.... Darn this fickle heart.