Chapter 3

Kiya Reñee Johnson

" Your mom is evil" Brandy slam her locker below me. "Don't remind me" I drop my books into my backpack. Today is one them days school want you to pack your stuff and never come back the last 2 days. I mean ain't no shame in they game I don't want see their face anymore anyway. Last night Brandy's mother Linda Convince my mother she'll be there but now my mother want to tag along to make my life a living hell. See Mrs.Linda is the outgoing mother if she trust you.

"Lord She's going to embarrass me" I banged my head against the lockers.

"Yeen lying" Brandy shrug her shoulders like it wasn't nothing to her. I smack her on the forehead. " Get off your phone"

"Dang Kiya What you want me to say we gone get embarrass by your mama and Princeton gone send shade our way directly and on twitter" she threw her arms in the air " My baby daddy gone laugh at me because my best friend mama got me and her on a leash well excuse me I need a moment" she bent her head " amen" Yall see what I have to deal with. She so dramatic shake my head. Let me give yall a little back ground how we met

In 4th grade I was the new kid Cause of my old school was being destroyed. Before the time my family moved over to the white folks neighborhood. Don't get offended I was born where the train tracks was just in my backyard and everybody knew everybody. Where the west was the place to be when you had nothing to do was party. Don't get me wrong I was raised right but With no Sliver spoon just a house where I don't need or want. My parents did they best I was a straight A honor roll student don't ask what happen.

Anyways We met in fourth grade became friends through a mutual "Friend" I guess you can call it. Oh that white folks neighborhood was full of black Just a brunch of middle class. What can I Say? We building ourselves to the top. Over time we became best friends I never traded her out. she never traded me out. We have our bumpy roads but what are best friends for? By the way i'm 16 years old she's 17 perfect match.

After school at the house
"Brandy I really don't want to go up there
and be embarrassed by mother" I huffed into the phone
" You may not know we might become Instagram famous finally" Brandy joked over phone laughing

Meanwhile I was there laughing I didn't know I hurting someone right outside my bedroom door peaking in.

Mrs.Johnson step away from the door and turn around to walk back to her room. What she just over heard hurt her feelings. All she wanted was to have mother daughter time with her daughter. She suddenly guessed it was time for her baby girl to grow up and she was becoming a young lady. If she keep holding her hand she'll never become the beautiful butterfly in this world. She'll never know the true art of inside the buildings then the exterior. All she wanted was her last baby to be safe in the world where her skin is becoming a conflict and not justice. She texted Mrs. Linda she will not be making the Meet and greet tomorrow with her she had to orders to fulfill.

Respect your parents because you might never know when you'll see them again. My grandmother always said give her flowers while she alive so she can smell them not after she is called to be with her lord. Appreciate them while you can love them while you can don't leave behide. Most people don't have that.