A Two Inspiring Chats

By the time I got to my room, it is 12:56 am.

Damn, it's late, but my Boo boo is awake!!

I smile and do a little shimmy as I call my baby's mom on Skype. It rings for a little bit until she picks up and greets me.

"Hey Larry, how are you?"

"I am good, but tired. It's like 1 am here."

"I know, I know. You have been up in the club too. You are so sweaty!" She laughs as I try deny it. "Boo boo just woke up and she painting right now. She is really into painting flowers right now. Ask her about that."

"Thanks, I will."

She sets her phone in front of our daughter, my pride and joy. She see me and the biggest smile blossoms on her little, round face. Her eyes are brighter than the sun. My heart melts a bit every time I see her.

"Daddy!!" She squeals, holding the phone as close to her as possible.

"Boo boo! How are you, my little one?"

"Good!! I am painting right now." She sets the phone back down and I see her paint covered fingers pick up a sheet of paper.

"Is that... a flower?!" I ask making silly thinking faces.

"Yeah!! Daddy, you so smart!" She says as she explained the picture to me and detail, or as much as she could.

"It's beautiful, boo boo. I love it! Ask mommy and she can hang it in your room."

"Look at the others Daddy!" She angles the phone at the two other pictures on the way.

"So muh beauty!" I pretend to faint.

"When are you coming home, Daddy?" She asks, returning to her painting.

"Ugh, soon! Very soon!" My heart just broke a bit.

"Okay, I miss you Daddy!"

"Oh Boo boo, I miss you too. I will visit you real soon okay. I love you."

"I love you too! Where other daddy?" She asks looking curiously at me.

"I don't know. He should be back by now... I gotta go, Boo boo. I love you. Bye bye!" I say as I blow giant kisses at her. She does the same until her mom hangs up.

I can't help but grown after I hang up.

My daughter is growing up so fast and I am missing so much... I hope my brothers and sisters are showing what's what. Ahh! I can't be alone right now. Where is Laurent? It's... 3:41 am!! Did he get kidnapped? I have to find him.

I gather my wallet, lets, and phone, heading out the door. I can't help but tap my fingers waiting for the elevator to come and go down. The anxiety is showing as my gate grows longer and faster as I look for my brother. To my relief, he was sitting in a booth with his hat tilted down and his head resting on his arm.

"Laurent, what are you doing? I was worried about you!"

"Hmm, I am hanging out, La..rry!" Lau murmurs, not moving an inch.

"Where did the guys go?" I look around and Lau is one of like four people left in the bar. This place stays open forever.

"Ummahmm."

"Let's head back then," I urge turning to the elevator.

"Suurrre." He slurred.

I started walking and notice that Lau is still at the booth.

"Let's go!"

"Lar...ry, I can't move."

"Why not?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"I just... I just... can't!!... Larry. " He finishes with a hiccup that almost brakes his position.

"This is crazy." I moan, rubbing my eyes in frustration.

"My brother... I am... sorry my brother. Help.... me..." His head hits the table after another mighty hiccup.

Growling, I pick up his arm and drape it over my shoulder. Laurent groans in disapproval as I worn my arm his torso, pulling his limp figure up with everything I have. Together, with no help from Laurent, I stagger to the elevator.