Up in the Club

I am standing off at the perimeter of the circle. The music is banging and the beat is coming hard every second. The crowd is screaming as they cheer on Laurent as he syncs with the music. Spinning, sliding, and stepping, Lau is killing the beat and the crowd can't get enough.

I can't help but scream for him when he falls into a death drop and effortlessly transitions into a high kick soon. Tonight, I am so mesmerized that I don't even try to sync up with him. I can just watch. That doesn't stop Lau from pulling me into the circle, throwing me into my own world of musicality. I feel myself with every beat and move and the crowd hypes me up with every scream. My brother even dances behind me, guiding my movements. We were unstoppable and even better, the locals were just a talented. All night, Lau and I are going back and forth with this group of girls and guys who were killing it. They are so firey, but with so much love.

"Oh my God, you guys were so good tonight. I always love when I get to meet such are talents," says Lau to the local group, while swigging some type of alcohol.

"We a just happy we got dance with you two. You guys are legends! You are big inspiration to us. We are the Yo Ego Crew," says the tallest guy of the crew.

"We are so happy we inspire you. Hopefully, we can dance more together," I add, giving handshakes to all the crew members. I notice one of the girls is really staring at me hard. She kinda cute, too.

"We need to head back to the hotel. It's late. We tired. It was awesome meeting you all," Lau says as he shakes hands with everybody.

"Where are you staying?" The little cutie asks meekly.

"Not far..." Lau looks at me, "15 minutes..?"

"Yeah, about," I shrug with an unsure face.

"How about an after party at the hotel bar?" She says with more confidence.

"Hell yea! Turn up!" Lau yells pumping his arms. The crew chant and do mini dances too. "Larry, give them directions while I find the driver."

In about 15 minutes, Lau and I are safely tucked away in our private car heading to the hotel, with the Yo Ego Crew following a few cars behind. Lau and I are looking at our phones.

"Tonight was beautiful," Lau smiles as he locks his phone and set it down.

"Yeah, yeah. That crew was getting it," I respond still scrolling.

"Larry, come party with us. It's gonna be fun."

"I don't drink," I scoff.

"You don't have to, just hang for a bit," Lau pleas, hitting the lock button on my phone. I give him a look and he mirrors it right back. I smile.

"While that sounds fun~, it's almost time to talk to Boo Boo."

"She awake?"

"We are in a different time zone. Of course, she awake."

"Tell her I said hi."

"O course, how long you gonna stay?"

"An hour. Not long."

"Okay, don't over do it."

"Pssshhh, like I can over do it."

"Lau."

"Larry," he makes crazy eyes and I make them right back. We both laugh

"Okay okay."

In no time, we are all in the lobby and I am making my last goodbyes before Lau and I split up. As he walks with a group to the bar, I walk the other way to the elevator.