Chapter 22

A/N: I am soooooo sorry for taking so long! I had finals, and all that and such a ballistic day. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! <3
Thankfully (or is it unfortunately?) Annabeth managed to twist away, preventing the green light from hitting her chest. The sword was pulled out of her, and the monster and Voldemort moved away. It ha all happened so quickly I couldn't even think about using water.
"Annabeth!" I whispered, falling on my knees. "Annabeth..."

"Perce..." Annabeth coughed up some blood. "Percy... Seaweed Brain... Don't do a-a-anything stupid..."

"No! Annabeth. C'mon. Stay with me. A-a-annabeth. You're gonna be okay..." I cried, letting the tears wet my cheeks. "Wise Girl please..."

"I'll see Zoë, Luke, Silena and so many others who have fallen." Annabeth whispered, blood dripping out of the corner of  her mouth. "I love-"

I saw the bright light that had kept me sane for so long fade away from the eyes. Her last breathe...
I chocked back a sob and hugged her lifeless body. I then proceeded to scream out in fury, and a tsunami swept over the enemy ranks.
The only thing I saw was red before I probably went ballistic. I had dropped the corpse of the love of my life and charged.
The battle had started again. Campers had brewed up every ounce of their strength and charged after their leader. The wizards obviously had no idea what was going on, but charged anyways. I fought back my tears as I hacked, slashed, and jabbed through the first line of the enemy.
Thunder crackled, fire was thrown, and precious metal popped out of the ground. Tears were streaming down the faces of the campers that knew Annabeth well as they fought. And I was no different as I let the swarm of emotions get to me. I had slashed through ranks and ranks of my enemies and came across my only goal. Voldemort.

"Coming here for revenge?" he asked in his raspy voice.

"You don't sound so worried." I replied, placing Riptide in front of me. What happened next almost scared me. Smoke started bellowing out of Voldemort's mouth, which I found very disgusting.

"Oh you should be nervous." a woman's voice came out. Sleepy. "Have you forgotten about me? Perseus?"

Voldemort's form turned away. "Perhaps you would like-"

"Shut up." I said, my voice dangerously low and trembling. "You don't dare to bring up anything from the past. You have no right! And after all you've done..." My body was trembling like a leaf now, memories of Annabeth flashing through my head.

"Oh poor, poor Perseus." Voldemort, no a woman turned around, exactly where the body of Voldemort had been seconds before. Gaea.

I huffed out a laugh. Crazy, slightly mechanical. "You were him. This whole time."

"YOU TRICKED US!!!!!" I screamed, getting everyone's attention.

"Your death will be painful, Perseus. Just like your pitiful girlfriend." her sleepy voice replied. "Your death will be the end of the demi-"

I didn't let her finish. I was furious. I threw Riptide straight at her with all my might.