7 | history

Harry walked to Louis' locker before first period after he'd dropped Loren off at the daycare center. He needed to talk to him today about their... relationship?

Louis was standing against his locker, just scrolling through his phone. Harry wasn't exactly sure what he was doing.

"Good morning." Harry said with a small smile as he stepped closer to Louis, clutching his black binder to his chest.

Louis looked up from his phone, looking a little surprised that Harry was in front of him right now and to be quite honest, he was surprised. It had been a long time since Louis and Harry had talked normally and got along when they did. "Hey. Good morning." Louis said with a bright smile. "Is Loren at daycare already?"

Harry nodded his head. "Yeah. I need to talk to you." He said softly, a little embarrassed now that he was actually about to talk about this.

Louis' smile dropped almost instantly when Harry's facial expression changed. "Is something wrong?" He asked, a little worried now. He figured maybe Harry had bad news or maybe was going to tell him he didn't want him around Loren anymore.

"N-no. Nothing's wrong." Harry said quickly and Louis nodded his head.

"Then what? Louis asked, putting his phone in his pocket and then turned around to unlock the locker.

"I... Wanted to talk about us." Harry admitted softly.

"Oh." Louis said and glanced at Harry who was standing at his side. "So there's an us then?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "That's what I wanted to talk about."

Louis smiled to himself and then pulled out his binder for his next few classes. "Is that implying that you want to get back together?" He asked.

"Maybe." Harry answered and then bit his lip gently. "I don't know though... Because of our history."

"Hazza our history is what makes us great." Louis said and glanced at Harry who was giving him a knowing look. "I fucked up. I know." He said and then closed his locker back. "But I'm different now. Present me hates who I was in the past."

It was clear that mostly everyone in the hallway was looking at Louis and Harry as they spoke to each other. Did no one in this school have a life? That's what high school is though.

Harry watched Louis as he locked his locker back. "I just don't know what I want."

"Do you still love me?" Louis asked and looked into Harry's eyes.

"I don't know." Harry said softly and averted his gaze.

"It's not that difficult of a question. Either you still love me or you don't." Louis said and leaned against his locker once more.

Harry looked back up at Louis. "Of course I still love you. But I can't just jump back into a relationship with you. That wouldn't be right."

Louis nodded his head. "I know. We can take things slow." He said with a small smile on his lips. "We don't have to rush into anything. You don't even have to be with me if its not what you want in the end."

Harry smiled at Louis. "Okay." He said. "So we are still friends... Just friends who are considering dating again."

Louis nodded. "We should get to class." He said and got off of his locker, walking to first period, Harry by his side.