✔Chapter Sixteen: Aramis' Fatherly Advice.

Start from the beginning

"I'm not alone, Lis. I have my kingdom, you, and my friends," I whispered into her hair.

Though, Aero was still on no speaking grounds with me. He barely said two words to me before he departed to do whatever it was that he did. My sister was more understanding. She still gave me an earful after we retreated to my study that day Gerard Vastia came, but at least she didn't have disbelief and disappointment in her eyes anymore.

I felt her shuffle, and she pulled away, her hands resting on my shoulders. I noticed she was looking at me humorously. "Yeah..."

Something about the way she said it seemed like she was playing along with. I didn't dwell on the subject any longer and let her go.

"I'm glad you're that concerned about me, brother. I really am." She patted my cheek and smiled.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Why, of course, I would be. You're my sister. Why on Ignolia did you think I wouldn't be?"

She just shook her head and laughed. "No, that's not what I meant. It's just..." she shrugged a shoulder, "I haven't seen your concerned face in a long time."

My eyes rolled back into my head. "Oh please, Lis. I'm not that stone-faced."

"You would be surprised." She chuckled, a teasing glint in her eyes. "But, I'm not the one you should be concerned about. I mean, Lydia had it far worse than I did."

It was a reactive response, the way my jaw tensed at the mention of her name. And Lis seemed to notice that too. "Look, Gabriel, I know you don't like her, but she did save my life-"

"It wouldn't need saving if it weren't for her. Those men thought you were her in the first place, didn't they?"

"But it's not her fault!" She defended. "She didn't know she was going to capture the eyes of those hunters. And that's not the point. The point is that she risked her life to save mine, and yours too. Didn't she send that man who had his weapon to your back flying?"

I was not too fond of the fact that she was right, no matter how negatively I tried to look at it. That Slifer did save her life-well, I wouldn't give her all the credit since I was there too. But she did come up with a plan to risk herself for my sister, and she did stop that sword from piercing Lis with her own bare hand.

I still couldn't get the picture of the sword impaling through the Slifer's skin from my head. And I don't know what made me grimace; the fact that the blade almost got my sister or seeing the blood pool down from the Slifer's hand.

"And I've done my part of thanking yesterday. It's time for you to do the same." Lis went on.

I almost thought that my body would cringe at the thought of thanking that Slifer, but it didn't, mainly because thanking her was justified -no matter how I loathed to admit it.

I still was in a bit of a shock about yesterday's events and how it turned out. To be honest, the Slifer's actions did surprise me. From her display of power to her chasing down the lead hunter and almost getting killed. When she sent that man flying in the air, I could feel a strong, very ancient magic fogging our surroundings.

It wasn't like when I saved her from that werewolf. Her magic was much weaker then, so it must mean that sleeping with her did actually do some results. It was only once, and that managed to make her magic strong enough to hold her own punches. Imagine what it would turn into if this went on?

"Gabriel?" Lis snapped me out of my thoughts. "Are you listening? I said that it would be good if you thanked Lydia for saving you, and I know that-"

"Alright," I said, and she immediately stopped.