TTWL Chapter 6

okay....it's here..please read the note at the end of the chapter..

***************************************************************************************************

“Hello Brad. It’s Nell.” She said.

                        “I know who you are. What do you want?” he asked.

                        “Bradley please…” She felt her voice break but she took a deep breath to steady herself. “I’m in St. James hospital….”

                        She never got to finish the sentence. “What are you doing there? What happened to you? Are you hurt?”

                        “Can you just come?”

                        “I’m on my way.” He said. “I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

                        “I’m in the tenth floor.”

                        “I’m coming.”

                        And that was that. She hang up and then she started crying. She couldn’t handle the pressure. Her daughter was in surgery with little hope of making it through the night. Bradley was on his way and he had no idea he was a father. She knew that after the day was over she would be in big trouble with lawyer and questions of custody.

                        Twelve minutes later she saw bradley step out of the elavator. She stood up to go to him. That was when he saw her. Just the look he sent her was enough to put butterflies in her stomach. She had never seen him look like that. He got to her so fast he took her breath away. He held both of her limp cold hands in his and searched her face.

                        “Nell are you okay?” He asked. The tenderness there had been her undoing. The tears started again. He just pulled her in his arms and hugged her. She held on to him as if her life depended on it. She needed the contact so bad. “Shh baby it’s alright.” He said. “It’s okay.”

                        She felt him kiss her forehead but she let him. She knew he wouldn’t do it again. When she had calmed enough she stepped away from him. She wiped away her tears.

                        “What’s wrong Nell?”

                        “Everything. There has been an accident today. Some one very special to me is in surgery right now. It doesn’t look good. The doctors needed me to donate some blood. But I’m not a match. They’ve checked Julie, she’s not a match either. You are the only hope we have.” She said.

                        He looked puzzled. “I don’t get it. How can I be the only hope. Doesn’t your friend have any relatives? I think that’s the way these things work, right?”

                        She felt the tears again but she swallowed them making speaking a bit difficult. “Kaylah is an only child Bradley. Her only family are her parents.” She said.

                        “So why arent they here?” He asked.

                        “They are here now.” She said.

                        “Then whats the problem. One of them has to be a match. If not then something is not right. Probably not the right paternity.”

                        “I’m Kaylah’s mother Bradley.” She said and she closed her eyes for a while. She needed God to be with her. It was harder than she had imagined. When she opened her eyes she found Bradley staring at her.

                        “And who is the father?” He asked. His voice was soft but she felt the ice. He wasn’t touching her anymore. She hugged herself to keep the chill away. Then even that didn’t help she started shivering. “I want you to answer me! Who is her father?”

                        “Bradley… please…” she had no idea what she wanted to say. She was saved by the nurse who came to her.

                        “Miss Channing, has the girl’s father arrived. We need that blood.” She said.

                        “Yes.” She looked at Bradley. “He is here.”

                        The nurse looked at the man who was said to be the father. He could feel the heat between the couple. She was scared she might go up in flames just being close to them. But there was ice under all that heat.

                        “Sir please can you come with me?” she asked.

                        He kept looking at her. “I’m going to go to the lab with this pretty woman here…” he smiled at the nurse slightly. “Then I’ll be back. I better find you here Nell. Then you can tell me exactly what the hell is going on here!”

                        He walked away with the nurse. She wished he had yelled or screamed or hurt her in any way. But he hadnt done any of those things. She felt horrible. Julie joined her a few minutes later.

                        “How did it go?” she asked.

                        “It went.” She couldn’t get warm. She looked at the time. It had been one hour since she had been taken to surgery. She was not out yet. She didn’t know if she could hold it together if Bradley came out of the lab and started giving her grief about everything. She didn’t need him to tell her it was wrong. She knew that it had been the biggest mistake of her life but she would have done it all over again if it meant keeping her little girl safe. She didn’t need to hear that he was hurt because she was hurting too. She didn’t… her breath was caught on her throat as she saw Bradley walk towards her from the lab. He looked so pale she thought he might faint. But he didn’t. she stood up her heart already beating overdrive.

                        “Brad?”

                        “It’s a perfect match.” He said but he didn’t look at her. “I need a drink, I nid to hit something, I need to scream at someone and not necessarily in that order.”

                        “Bradley I know we have to talk but please can we do that after she comes out of surgery?” she asked.

                        He just looked at her and sighed. “What Nell have I ever done to you for me to deserve this? You had her ten years ago? And not once have you mentioned it. I had to find out I have a child when she could be dying. All I’ve ever done is love you Nell. So why?”

*********************************************************************************

Okay..you sure loved that eh??Now 30 votes it's just a click on that little button just a wayward click then

we go to the next chapter..and if you haven't voted for the previous ones please do..if only you think it's nice..

And thank you for reading all this way ..you Make Bim happy and me too ofcourse