At Home

Norman's POV

Emmie, my wife's and my 4 year old daughter, Jake, our new puppy, and I are out in our backyard while we wait for Amanda, my wife, to get home from work. It's weird to be home and not with Mingus, my son, but to be here with my baby girl and puppy.

Don't get me wrong, I love them to death. It's just weird with him not being here. He's at home with his mom, Helena.

I cooked dinner for me and Emmie and puts a plate for Amanda in the microwave to try to keep it a warm temper-

"There ya go Jake. You're all strapped in and ready to swing and fly". I hear Emmie sa-wait a minute!

Swing? Fly? Strapped in? What did she do to Jake?

I turn around and see Emmie pushing Jake in the swing! Before I got to yell at my daughter, I heard my beautiful wife's voice, which sounded kinda hot.

"EMMERSON ROSE REEDUS!" Amanda yelled and walked towards her and Jake.

"I'm playing with Jake. He wanted to, he was running around the swing". Oh Emmie...

I got up and walked over, taking Jake out of the swing. He licked my face, and then looked at Amanda.

"Em. That's not how you play with him is it boy?" Amanda says to Jake and takes him from me. She then leaned back over and kissed me.

"Hey baby". I say to her and bend down to pick up Emmie.

"Hey love. Now can I ask where you were when this was happening?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

"Well, I was over there. Picking up the mess that our baby girl here made". Amanda giggled and looked at Emmie.

"Babygirl. You know you need to clean up your toys so Jakey here doesn't chew or eat them. Please promise your mommy and daddy to do that from now on". She spoke so soft and sweet, where has this been hiding? I'm joking, that's how she normally is.

"Yes mummy and daddy". I smiled down at her and then at Amanda and Jake.

"Alright, time to go inside and get ready for bed. Whatcha think babes?" I ask Amanda.

She nods, "I agree Norm".

"But mommyyy!" Emmie whined, and then I got an idea as we walked inside and Amanda put Jake down as I put Em down.

"Well fine then", I grabbed Amanda by the waist and pulled her close to me, our faces inches apart, "you have to see this then", I grabbed Amanda's face and kissed her with so more force, we about fell over.

"EWW! DADDY STOP!!" Emmie yelled and ran to her room and then we stopped kissing.

I looked at my wife and smiled.

"I love you baby".

She smiled and giggled, "I love you too babe".