Ch 15 Stealing the Keys

About a month went by and Alexis was having her normal different cravings and Jaden was doing everything in his power to keep her happy. Then a man appeared claiming to be a detective. Jaden saw right through his disguise but decided to let maybe Chazz be the hero because he had aready dueled three of the seven shadow riders. Chazz was given a look by Jaden and Jaden was giving him the idea that this guy was a fake. A while later the detective told the remaining key keepers to hide the keys so that the remaining riders would not be able to get them if they dueled and lost.

Jaden told Alexis about this and they both hid fake keys to keep the man from getting the beasts. The next morning all of the spirit keys were stolen and Jaden and Alexis knew who the culprit was and they told Chazz and encouraged him to duel the shadow rider because Jaden had dueled already three of the shadow riders. Chazz agreed to this and then the detective walked in the room. Chazz said "you can cut the act. We all know that you are the one that stole the keys and I challenge you to a duel."

Don Zaloog draws "Dark Scorpion Combination". He then Normal Summons "Golem Sentry" (800/1800) in Defense Position and Sets a card.

Chazz draws "Fiend's Sanctuary" and subsequently activates it to Special Summon a "Metal Fiend Token" (0/0) in Attack Position. He then Tributes the "Metal Fiend Token" in order to Tribute Summon "Armed Dragon LV5" (2400/1700) in Attack Position. "Armed Dragon LV5" attacks and destroys "Golem Sentry". Chazz then Sets two cards. On Chazz's End Phase, Chazz sends "Armed Dragon LV5" to the Graveyard in order to Special Summon "Armed Dragon LV7" (2800/1000) in Attack Position as "Armed Dragon LV5" destroyed a monster in battle this turn.

Don Zaloog draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it to draw two cards (one of which is "Don Zaloog"). Don Zaloog then Normal Summons "Don Zaloog" (1400/1500) in Attack Position. Since Don Zaloog controls himself on the field, he activates "Mustering of the Dark Scorpions" to Special Summon "Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow" (1000/1000), "Dark Scorpion - Meanae the Thorn" (1000/1800), "Dark Scorpion - Gorg the Strong" (1800/1500) and "Cliff the Trap Remover" (1200/1000) from his hand all in Attack Position.

Since Don Zaloog controls all five Dark Scorpions, he activates his face-down "Dark Scorpion Combination" to allow all of his monsters to attack directly once each this turn at the cost of allowing each monster to inflict only 400 Battle Damage. All five of Don Zaloog's monsters attack directly (Chazz 4000 → 3600 → 3200 → 2800 → 2400 → 2000).

Since all five Dark Scorpion monsters inflicted Battle Damage, their effects activate. The effect of "Gorg" returns "Armed Dragon LV7" to the top of Chazz's Deck. The effect of "Chick" returns one of Chazz's Set cards to his hand. The effect of "Cliff" sends "Armed Dragon LV7" and "Level Up!" from the top of Chazz's Deck to the Graveyard. The effect of "Don Zaloog" forces Chazz to discard a random card from his hand; Chazz discards "Masked Dragon". The effect of "Meanae" allows Don Zaloog to return "Dark Scorpion Combination" from his Graveyard to his hand.

Chazz then activates his face-down "Level Modulation" to Special Summon "Armed Dragon LV7" (2800/1000) from his Graveyard in Attack Position while ignoring the Summoning conditions, but in exchange Don Zaloog is allowed to draw two cards.[Notes 1] Don Zaloog Sets two cards.

Chazz draws. He then activates the effect of "Armed Dragon LV7" to send "Despair from the Dark" (2800/3000) from his hand to the Graveyard and destroy all face-up monsters on Don Zaloog's field that have equal or less ATK than the ATK of the sent monster, but Don Zaloog activates his face-down "Retreat of the Dark Scorpions" to return "Don Zaloog", "Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow", "Dark Scorpion - Meanae the Thorn", "Dark Scorpion - Gorg the Strong" and "Cliff the Trap Remover" to his hand. "Armed Dragon LV7" attacks directly (Don Zaloog 4000 → 1200). Chazz then Sets a card.

Don Zaloog draws. He then Normal Summons "Don Zaloog" (1400/1500) in Attack Position. Don then activates "Mustering of the Dark Scorpions" to Special Summon the other four Dark Scorpions from his hand, but Chazz activates his face-down "Ojama Trio" to Special Summon 3 "Ojama Tokens" (0/1000) to Don's side of the field in Defense Position. These Tokens can't be Tributed for a Tribute Summon and if any are destroyed the controller of those tokens will take 300 damage for each token destroyed. With three Monster Card Zones occupied, Don Zaloog uses the effect of "Mustering of the Dark Scorpions" to Special Summon "Dark Scorpion - Meanae the Thorn" (1000/1000) in Attack Position.

Don then activates "Dark Scorpion - Tragedy of Love" to Tribute "Meanae" and destroy all monsters Chazz controls. "Don Zaloog" attacks directly (Chazz 2000 → 600). The effect of Don Zaloog activates, forcing Chazz to discard "Ojamagic". Since "Ojamagic" was sent from Chazz's hand to the Graveyard, its effect activates, allowing Chazz to add "Ojama Green", "Ojama Black", and "Ojama Yellow" from his Deck to his hand.

Chazz draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it to draw two cards (one of which is "Polymerization"). Chazz then activates "Polymerization" to fuse "Ojama Yellow", "Ojama Black", and "Ojama Green" together and Fusion Summon "Ojama King" (0/3000) in Attack Position.

Chazz then activates "Ojamuscle" to destroy all "Ojama" monsters besides "Ojama King" and make the ATK of "Ojama King" the number of "Ojama" monsters destroyed times 1000. Three were destroyed ("Ojama King": 0 → 3000/3000). Don Zaloog then takes damage since his Ojama Tokens were destroyed (Don Zaloog 1200 → 900 → 600 → 300). "Ojama King" attacks and destroys "Don Zaloog" (Don Zaloog 300 → 0).

Then Don Zaloog and his gang turned into cards. Jaden and Alexis had an idea that both wanted to use. They told each other that there should be s costume duel on duel monster spirit day. They both loved the idea and told the others that they will have it at the slifer dorm. The idea was golden and everyone was on board and they planned to have their costumes ready by the duel monster spirit day.