Chapter 22

The next morning went as usual, you woke up, got dressed, then went down to the dining room for breakfast.

But something was different.

Ciel was waiting for you at the table, sitting next to your normal chair.

"Good morning, lady F/N"

"Good morning Ciel" you said sitting down

After you both finished eating, Ciel broke the silence "How would you like to spend the day with me today?"

You smiled "I'm okay with that, what do you want to do?"

"I got it, don't worry about it"

He got up and put his hand out. You took his hand and got up from the table.
He guided you out of your manor and into town in a comfortable silence. You both kept walking until you got to the side of a river, where a blanket was laid out and Symphony and Sebastian were making food.

You turned to Ciel and smiled and you continued walking to the blanket.

While ciel remained straight-faced, you could tell he was quite happy or exited for something.

The two of you sat down on the blanket laid out, while Sebastian and Symphony brought you food. Sebastian seemed angry about something, but you didn't really pay attention to that.

"So F/N"

"Yes, Ciel?"

"How much time off do you get off from working on cases? It doesn't seem like you get a lot."

"I don't really, I mean, I'm not really the leader of a company. While I work with a lot if companies and am a huge sponsor of many companies, my main job is in the underground."

"So you work mainly for the queen, while people like me work mainly for a company?"

"Yes, exactly."

"That's interesting. Are there any others that do work like that?"

"Yes, I mean, I only trained with two others. We never work together though. It's also rare that I would have to work on also case with anyone else, but I met you guys, so I guess it's okay." You say, smiling

Ciels look changes slightly so that he is lightly smiling.

The rest of your meal went on in pleasant conversation, and when you were done Sebastian and Symphony cleaned up. Ciel and you both walked in a comfortable silence though town.
"So Ciel, before I worked with you, I knew nothing about you or Alois. I wish I knew a little more."

Ciel looked at the ground. You had heard some things that happened to the phantomhive family when you were a kid. You knew about the fire, but that wasn't what you were asking.
You could tell that that was what he was thinking of though. You frowned slightly at his sad remembrance face, and pulled him in for a hug. He seemed suprised at the fact that you cared. After a while, he hugged back.

You stayed like that for a while until you pulled away. You two walked hand in hand until you got back to your manor. When you two walked in, everyone was glaring at Ciel.

You didn't know, so you just sat down on the couch. Ciel was smirking lightly and walked over to sit next to you.