Chapter 18: Starting from scratch.

Start from the beginning

"Saved? From what?" I asked. My breath shaky. My breathing picked up. It was to much. Someone who I used to love that I thought was dead is alive?

"SHEILD. They were keeping me from my true potential. And they will do the same to you. Freedom is a lie. Something that has been thrown around, a promise that can never be achived.Hydra intends to make that promise achievable. To give the world what it deserves." His face cold and expressionless.

"What happened to you? Where's the Thompson I know? What did they do to you to make you this way?" It broke my heart to see him like this.

"Hydra opened my eyes, Help me see what the world really was. The old Thompson couldn't see that. So, I changed. Fit in and served for Hydra. But one thing stuck with me."

"What?" I asked, tears filled my eyes.

"You." He sat down in front of me. " I knew the thought of you would hold me back. But no matter what I did to forget you, I couldn't. Hydra thought I went soft, so I asked them to send me on a mission arranged to retrieve you. To prove my loyalty. As I did, I realized, no matter who I become or who I am. I can't forget about you." He leaned in closer.

I pushed him away, remembering Steve and I. He looked disappointed at my action.

"But, the way you are. It can't happen. Not yet. We need to start you from scratch. So Hydra can re build you into something better. So you can reach your true potential." He backed away, Then stood up.

"It's time." He hollard. In came a guard who picked me up and led me to a room with a chair and a machine hooked up to it. Thompson followed behind us.

"What is this!" I yelled as I was panicking. He strapped me into the chair.

"As Thompson told you, we're starting from scratch. This my dear will erase your memory so there's nothing but empty space for Hydra to use. No more Avengers, and no more of your precious Captain America." Rumlow snarled as he entered the room.

"I'd like to see you try. I'm more powerful then you think." I spit.

His expression darkened. "No one has ever been able to withstand this machine. What makes you think you can withstand it?"

I smirked. "Because of Steve, I know who I am, and I always will. No matter what Hydra does to me."

"Wow. Great speech." Rumlow clapped sarcastically.

"Get her prepped." Thompson told the guards standing by the door.

They walked toward me and strapped my arms down. I struggled to break free but failed. Then my legs. Next thing I knew I was stuck to this stupid thing. What would happen to me? I'm so scared. What if I forget Steve? No, I can't. Me and Thompson, that died a long time ago. I won't let me forget about Steve, I can't. He has shown me that I can be loved despite my past, despite who I was. I need to prove that I won't be some puppet of Hydra anymore. I'm gonna fight.

"You can't control me, I'm stronger then this stupid machine. And that will never change!" I shouted at Rumlow.

"Bailey please, we can be together again. Don't you want that?" Thompson asked me.

I put my head down. "I'm sorry Thompson, who you've become... I can' be part of that."

Rumlow faked gaged. "Enough lovy dovey talk, let's get this show on the road. Any last words?" Rumlow ordered.

"Screw you, and Hydra." I snarled.

The machine turned on. "Set to 10 milliamps" The machine did so. A electrical pain shot through me, it wasent much but I knew here pretty soon it would be very unpleasant.

"30 milliamps." Rumlow barked. "80 milliamps." The pain increased. I couldn't feel anything except pain. I screamed what sounded like bloody murder. I glanced at Thompson who looked away, then I looked at Rumlow who was enjoying every moment of this. Disgusting piece of crap.

"Haven't she had enough?" Thompson asked Rumlow.

"Nope, 100 milliamps." He barked once more.

My nails dug into the leather on the arm rest.

"Higher!" Rumlow yelled at the scientist working the machine.

"But sir, if we go any higher, coma or death is likely!" He shouted over the noise of the machine.

Then an explosion went off. My vision blurred, the door was kicked down. I couldn't tell who it was but they were tall and broad and well built. Gun shots went off, the machine turned off. The man was wearing red white and blue, he glanced at the machine waringly.

Then, my vision darkened.

A/N: So? What did you guys think? I hope you liked the chapter! What do you think will happen next? Comment and vote and share the story! Also, if you would like to talk then I'm always here! I know I'm still on vacation but I hadn't updated and it was driving me nuts! So your welcome ;). Bye and have a awesome day! (Or night)