Chapter 12: "You can trust me, you know that right?"

Bailey's POV:

It was cold. And wet. Well that's what I get for walking in Hillsboro in the rain. My food was low. I think I'm gonna need snacks from the 711. I approached the doors and walked in. I pulled of my hood and went to see what I wanted. I had some money so I should be good. I found some chips, a candy bar, and a Gatorade. I made my way to the line. There was a man who entered the doors as the bell at the top ringed. He was tall, and skinny and looked a little scrawny. And he was wearing sunglasses? Sunglasses in the rain? Okay then...

"Some weather huh?" The man asked me.

"Uh, ya. Well, I guess that's Oregon for ya." I responded.

"Ya, guess so." He said, then we were both silent as I made my way to the check out counter.

"6.35 ma'am." The cashier told me.

I reached for my money but the man behind me put a 10 dollar bill on the counter. "Keep the change." He told the cashier.

"Oh no you don't have to."

"Please, I want to." He told me.

"Okay, well thanks." I said as I grabbed my food and stuffed it into my back pack. The man who paid for my food eyed it suspiciously as I walked out of the convenient store. As I was walking I noticed the man following not to far behind me. I noticed and turned the corner. He came up behind me and pinned me up against the back of the convenient store.

"Bailey Grace, I'm with Hydra. Your coming with me." He told me. Then tried dragging me but I refused. I used my telekinesis to shove him off of me.

I got up and tried to run but he grabbed my leg and tripped me. I face planted into the ground. I groaned but got to my feet. Then he pulled out an electric rod and shocked me. I lay there, paralyzed with pain.

"Your a fighter, I'll admit that. But your gonna have to try harder then that." He smirked, he raised his fist. I closed my eyes and braced for impact (considering I couldnt do anything because, well I was paralyzed from being tazed)
But the impact never came, I opened up my eyes to see an arrow had Pierced his chest. I looked to see where the arrow had come from, but saw nobody.

"Needed some help?" A familiar voice called out. I was relived to here it.

Steve came over and helped me up, he was in his suit. I guess he was ready if he had to put up a fight. I stumbled a little.He was ready to catch me if I fell.

I didn't say anything, I just hugged him. He hugged me back tightly. We just hugged for a while.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He asked sounding worried. He checked for marks or bruises.

"I'm okay. A little dizzy, but okay. Trust me, I've had worse." I told him. My voice quiet.

"I know." He said, then kissed my forehead.

"Steve, we better get going. There might be more." Hawkeye said as he ran up to us.

Steve looked around "Ya, your right." He turned to me. "Bailey, please come with us to the Avengers tower, you'll be safe. And SHEILD isn't involved,Please Bailey, I'm trying my best." He pleaded.

"Alright, I'll come with." I told him.

He smiled.

We boarded the quin jet and was on our way to New York. Steve said that's where the tower was. I guess that's where the Avengers have lived after the battle of New York. And yes, I heard all about that event. I was a waitress at that time in a California. Tried to make a living not to long ago after I escaped from Hydra.