Chapter 8: "I can't be loved, its impossible."

Bailey's POV:

I rushed into the guest room. What just happened? We just stood there. Like nothing else in the world mattered or existed. His blue eyes just stared at me. There so big and innocent. If I'm honest, I wanted to kiss him. But something's holding me back. Me. I'm holding me back. What if Hydra finds me and captures me? Then he will be heart broken and risk himself...for me. I can't have him do that. I don't deserve to be loved, not by him. I would only be a disappointment to him. Just sleep it off Bailey. Worry about it in the morning.

I went and did my night time routine. I got changed into a grey tank top and some sweats. I brushed out my blonde curly hair (or more like tried, it gets super knotted) and brushed my teeth and was about to head to bed when I heard the front door open. I opened the door slowly and saw Sam enter. He went and sat down by Steve who looked distressed about something. He had his head in his hands and ran his hand through his hair. I leaned closer to see what they were saying. I know I was snooping but I had a pretty good idea about what they were talking about.

"Hey man, ruff day?" I heard Sam ask Steve.

"Ya, you'll never guess what assignment I was given." He said, sounding troubled.

"And what was that?" Sam asked.

"Let's talk about it outside. I need some fresh air." He said, then motioned for Sam to follow him outside.

I quietly opened my door and went to the window to see what they were talking about. Can you blame me? I have a hard time trusting people and Steve is no different. I think.

They were standing in front of the house talking. What were they talking about? At his point my palms are getting sweaty and my heart rate is picking up. I open up the door and they both stop and look at me.

"Thought you were asleep." Steve told me as he looked embarrassed.

"No, whatcha guys talking about?" I asked suspiciously. My blue eyes eying Steve, hoping for an honest answer.

"Um, it's best we talk about it inside." He told me then Sam nodded in agreement. We all walked inside and sat on the couch.

"You want me to give you guys some privacy?" Sam asked. Not wanting to eavesdrop.

"It doesn't matter." I told him. Part of me wanted someone else in the room in case this went south.

"Okay then." He said then sat down by Steve.

"Before I start, please don't be upset. I don't want to do this but...it might be safer for you. I now you can fly but with Hydra out there, you won't stand a chance." He begin.

"Steve, there's more to my powers then flight." I guess I never showed him about my telekinesis or my telepathic abilities huh? Well there was a reason.

"Still, just think about what I'm about to say okay? Director Fury, asked for me to bring you in for some questions. He is the head of-" I cut him off.

"SHEILD, I know." You could hear the bitterness toward SHEILD as I spoke.

"What do you think about that?" He asked, not in a sarcastic way but as him being sincere.

My fists clenched, my breathing picked up.

"I can't Steve. You know I can't."

"I know, I just thought I'd let you know that. If you don't come with me to SHEILD then they will force you to. I don't want that to happen." He told me, sadness filled his eyes. You could tell this was hard for him.

"Steve." My voice on the verge of tears. "I-I can't... they'll use me for there own personal gain then throw me away. That's what everyone does to me! They use me then throw me away, look at Hydra. SHEILD will do the same." A couple tears escaped my eyes but not much. I adjusted my sitting position to criss cross. My head fell to me hands and I started crying.

I know he didn't want to make me but I can't. I can't I can't I can't! Call me over dramatic but in my defence, when you have been captured and saw your own mother die in front of you and then get taken away and tortured by an organization who said they wanted to "help", you'd understand.

Suddenly, I was being held and comforted. I froze, tears stopped flowing from my eyes and my eyes widened. I looked up and see Steve hugging me in his arms. Didn't say a word just...hugging me. I felt better. Like everything was okay.

"I know it's been hard for you. But I promise to never treat you like trash." He whispered as we just sat there in each other's arms.

I hugged him back and started crying on his shoulder.

"I'm always scared Steve. I have been my entire life." I said through the tears. "I see my mom die, every night in my nightmares from when i was kidnapped. They don't stop Steve, I'm scared...I'm always scared." I managed out.

He didn't say anything, he just hugged me tighter. We sat there for a while and I hadn't realized Sam left to his room. I guess we made him uncomfortable.

Steve pulled me away but still embraced me, he looked at me.

"I know you have never felt loved or cherished but I love and cherish you."

"I can't be loved, it's impossible." I told him.

He smiled. "I beg to differ." He told me, then he started leaning in closer but then Sam opened his bedroom door.

"Steve, Fury called. He said he wants you and Bailey at HQ.Now."

I sighed.

"Bailey, I won't make you but just remeber what I said earlier about how they'll force you to come."

"Fine. But if I feel threatened or endangered, I'm taking action." I told him, he hesitated but then agreed.

He got on his motorcycle and I was gonna fly this time, him leading the way.

We arrived and it was very intresting. There was alot of agents running around. I didn't like it. It felt like I was a mouse in a maze. I grabbed Steve's hand and gave it a tight sqeeze as we entered the elevator. It was just me and him in the elevator and we were silent as we walked down this hallway with Windows and doors to different offices. We entered this office with grey walls and black leather couches and a black swivel chair being a desk. It had a row of Windows and the view was beautiful. There was a sunset now, it was gorgeous.

An african american man with an eye patch walked in. He looked pleased to see us. He wore black clothing and told us to sit down.

"Hello Ms. Grace. I appreciate you coming here. We would like to ask you some questions about a organization called Hydra." His voice was deep and serious.

I flinched when he said Hydra. I gave Steve a look of worry and regret. He gave me a reassuring nod.

I kept quiet.

"Mr.Rogers if you would." He motioned for Steve to leave the room.

I shook my head.

He mouthed "Sorry, I have to." Then left.

I was prepared to give a whole speech on how I don't have to tell him Jack about what I know about Hydra.

A/N: So guys how was that? Hopefully good. How are you guys liking the story? I would love to know :).Anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter. Bye guys, have a good day! (Or night, wherever you live).