Chapter 2: Welcome to my life.

21 days and counting. I thought as I was in the room Hydra through me in a while back. They were coming in today to do more tests. I know that because I read one of Gard's minds. How I got that ability I have no clue but, I have it now.
I think it was that weird liquid they gave me. Then, the door creaked as someone stepped in. A man in a silver like looking suit stepped in. He had glasses and a smug grin on his face. What was his name? Alexander...Perry?Peirce? I can't remember. Anyways, the guard came and grabbed me as he was told by that Peirce guy. He escorted me to a different room this time. It had several big machines and a bunch of medicine and syringes filled with all kinds of stuff.

Then I woke up to a knock at my door. I got up out of bed alarmed because of yestarday and went to the door. My telekinesis ready if I had to chuck somebody across the hall. I carefully approached the door and looked through the peep hole. False alarm, it was only Steve. But why was he at my door at 6:30 in the morning?

Well I was about to find out. I opened the door to Steve standing there with 2 cups of coffee and a donut.

"Hey, sorry to bother but I um...went for coffee and thought you might want some so I uh...here. " he said,then handed me the cup of coffee. He scratched the back of his neck all nervous.

Awwww, how sweet. Uh I mean...who am I kidding? I am totaly crushing on this guy, that's not good.

"Hey Steve, uh thanks. You didn't have to ya know." I said and smiled at him. He smiled back with his bright teeth.

"I didn't know what you preferred so I got you a donut in case you didn't like the coffee. Hope you like glazed." He said.

"Sorry I'm allergic." I joked with him.

He looked disappointed and slightly embarrassed.

"Oh I uh, sorry I didn't know I-" I cut him off.

"I'm just joking with you Steve." I said then smiled.

"Oh huh,good one." He laughed.

"Would you like to come in?" I asked him.

"Sure, I would love that." He grinned and came in.

We entered into the living room and then I went to the kitchen.

"You want anything to drink?"

"Sure, do you have water?" He asked.

"No, I don't have a sink." I winked.

He laughed. I came with his glass of water and handed it to him. Forgetting I was in my PJs. I looked at the time and it was 7:15 am. I would have to leave for work at about 9:00 am. I teach sign language to kids,teens and adults.

"So...what's your profession?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

He froze. His expression blank.

"Let's just say I help people as my job. You?"

"I teach ASL to people as my job. I'm fluent."

He looked surprised and impressed. "Wow. That's one I've never heard before. That sounds very fun."

I remembered about my morning run and breakfast. Gosh I was hungry.

"Hey have you had breakfast yet? I'm starving." I asked. He had a look of realization like he hadn't.

"Um, come to think of it, I haven't."

"Noted." I said, then got up and headed for the kitchen and started making us some chocolate toast with OJ. I came back and set it on the table.

"Come and get it." I announced. He thanked me and we eat and talked for a while. By now it was 8:05.
And I needed to get my morning run done. But I didn't want to shove him out so soon. Okay, I'm about to do something that I hope won't backfire in my face.

"Hey um," I started. He stopped and faced me. "I haven't had my morning run yet and I wouldn't want to be a rude person to shove you out so...would you like to go with me on my run? You don't have too if you already had yours. I just thought it would be nice to invi-" He put his hand up and started talking.

"I would love to." He smiled. He got up and went to his apartment to change and so did I. I ment I went to my own room and changed not in his apartment...you know what I mean. We both met back in the hall and headed off. We exited the lobby and started with a light jog.

"Try to keep up." He grinned.

"Rely? I got chased the oth-" I stopped myself. I realized what I was about to say and I remembered I had met this person a couple days ago and I half to keep my walls up. I can't let him in, not yet.

"You were saying?" He asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and we continued jogging.

"Um, never mind. Lets keep going." I insisted.

"Okay." He said sheepishly. Thank goodness he dropped the subject.

We continued. I kept looking around for that man yestarday. I think I recognized him. Oh no...was that. Alexander Peirce? I didn't know much about him but I remember him from when I was kidnapped. My stomach turned and I grabbed Steve by his arm as we waited at a stop light to cross when it was okay to walk I booked it and him along with me.

"Bailey what are you-" he started but then all of a sudden...gun shots.

"Keep running!" I screamed as he was behind me. Thankfully we hadn't gotten shot but we kept running.
I was so panicked, not now not ever. I hope none of the bullets shot any of us as we ran. The police were called and suddenly we were swarmed with police men. I dared to look back and I saw it was a helicopter shooting at us. Then sear of pain went through my shoulder. I screamed in pain. I fell face first on the concrete. Someone called my name, but I couldn't tell who it was. All I heard was a ringing in my ear. Then a pair of strong but gentle arms lifted me off the ground. I tried to see who it was but my vision was blurred. All I saw was a blonde haired figure carrying me and then everything went black.

Hey guys. Well that escalated quickly, and it's only the second chapter but there's more where that came from. Hope you guys enjoyed! And feel free to comment and let me know what you think!😀