Chapter 14: "Stay close, stay quiet."

Bailey's POV:

Me and Steve made our way down the side walk in the big city. New York was so much bigger then when you looked at it from the tower. It was so cool. We just walked in silence. He had my hand and I had his. It was nice and quiet. We made our way to this beautiful park with a bridge over a pond and these bright flowers.

I kept my eye out for anything weird, considering the last time we went out I got shot in the shoulder ad attacked

Steve must have noticed. "You okay?"

"Ya just a little on edge. Last time we were out I got attacked and shot in the shoulder."

"Very true. Have you ever been able to relax since um...you know, when you got out of Hydra?"

I paused. "I guess, I don't know. After Hydra, I never let my guard down. Don't get me wrong, I'm a people person I just...dont rust them. People can fake who they are and strike when least expected. How come your so curious about my time at Hydra?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"I don't know. My friend, his name is James but I've always called him Bucky. He has had a bad experience with Hydra and I was just curious if the experience is the same for everyone. Granted I don't think they wiped you but they did to him." He said.

I've been hearing alot about this Bucky for a while. I wonder what he's like.

"We should probably head back to the tower." I suggested to him. He nodded in agreement and we made our way back to the tower. When we entered I went to the kitchen to grab some water. It was oddly quiet.

"Hey Jarvis? Where is everyone?" I asked. I handed Steve a bottle as I walked over by him and sat on the couch.

There was no reply. "Jarvis?" I asked again. Steve put his arm around me in a securing way.

"Something... doesn't feel right." Steve noted.

"Agreed. Should we go look for them? Maybe Tony is around. Or maybe Jarvis is malfunctioning?" I asked him. My heart beat started to rise. Steve tensed up.

"I'll go grab my shield. Stay quiet. Stay low." He ordered me. He ran to his room. I got low and was lying the floor by the coffee table. I heard foot steps, then an arm grab me.

"Let go!" I urged.

"Bailey it s only me." Steve assured me. I looked up and was annoyed.

"Steven, don't scare me like that. I'm already on edge." I whispered to him.

"Sorry, follow me. Let's see if Tony's in his lab." I nodded and got up and quietly followed behind him.

We were walking down the hall way, Steve put his arm out in front of me. "What is it?" I asked.

"Stay close, stay quiet." He whispered. He peered around the corner. His eyes widened.

I gently flew off the ground and peered the corner. There were Hydra agents everywhere. They were searching through Tony's computers. They won't leave me alone will they? They appear, make their move, and if it fails, hide away and try again. And I know their here for me. What other reason?