Prologue 01: Marked

Start from the beginning

Yes, my husband was the fourth Hokage of Konoha, which meant that he was the one in whom every single person of our village had put his or her faith in. Being his wife, it was my duty too, to gain their trust and help them every time they needed. I also stated that being a 'kunoichi' isn't easy. Kunoichi means 'female ninja' and there were not many who wanted to be one. So I turned away from her and started to walk out, into the field of shattered souls and red soil.

"I hope you will try to keep the portal open a little longer so I could bring them back and let them live their lives peacefully." I said. Sanako nodded as I disappeared into the dark night where the Nine-Tailed monster waited to be destroyed.

† † †

The rain poured down washing away my wounds as I saw Namikaze Minato with my girl. He started with his plan but as soon as he put his hands up to do the jutsu, I knew there was not much power left in him. I watched in awe and horror as he controlled the monster and divided its chakra into two parts, Yin & Yang...

Not that seal! My mind screamed as I saw him seal one of those powers into my daughter.

Her eyes were still shut tightly but the peaceful smile was now tranquillised. She was crying.

The Fox wailed in agony and my heart sank when I saw that Minato was no longer on his feet. He was down on his knees and coughing blood.

"Minato! " I cried and ran towards him.

"Take her to a safer place... please!" He managed to say. I nodded in disbelief as I took our girl in my arms.

So small. So frail. She kept on crying.

"What about Naruto?" I asked him, my voice desperate .

"We can't wait. You are already weak from the Nine tails being extracted from your body. If we wait, we might not be able to save either of them." He gasped between each word. Minato looked at me with a gentle smile, "I promise Naruto will be safe too. Both our children will be." 

I nodded as tear streaked down and ran towards Sanako with one of my child in my arms. As soon as I reached her I saw the portal closing an inch per second.

I kept my child and her own in her hands and shoved her through the portal. She was saying something but I could not understand what it was. It was only when the portal closed and I was about to leave once again that I realized that there was still a child left. But it was too late. I gasped and cried. I covered the other child with a cloth as he kept on crying. The cloth had a mark of a fan, half white and half red, the mark of an Uchiha.

As I turned around, I saw another child looking at me while standing still at the doorway. He startled me at first but one glance was enough to recognise the five year old genius. He wore a black shirt with short pants. His black hair was tied behind his head and his eyes were narrowed. There were two straight marks on his face, on either side of his nose.

He came forward and took the other Uchiha in his arms and started to leave but then he stopped, "Why do you trust Sanako so much?" he said, his tone pointing out that he didn't really need an answer.

I managed another weak smile, "I guess you will come to know about it later...Itachi."

That's when I heard Minato's scream filled with pain and I knew I had to leave.

I ran and I cried as I saw him losing. Everyone else was still fighting so I rushed to him and touched his hands with both of mine.

He looked up and cried "NO!".

The Kyuubi's big, sharp nail pierced us, Minato first, then me. I spluttered blood as I clutched the nail, trying my best to not let it reach Naruto. I wouldn't let it even scratch him.

A drop of our blood trickled down the tip of the nail and splashed on Naruto's cheeks. It seemed as if he were crying blood but with a calm face. He doesn't know anything.

Before I had given Minato all of my powers to seal the other half of the power in Naruto, we both took turns to talk to him and warn him about life. I took most of Minato's time talking to him.

I wish I could grow up with you.

I cried as he cried and I saw Naruto cry too as he also got the same mark his sister had, though I was able to see that his mark was much more stronger and needed more controlling. Minato looked into my eyes as he touched my forehead with his. We both held our child close to our heart as the seal was finally completed and the monster was safely sealed.

The whole village cheered but we cried as we knew that along with end of the rain, it would wash us away too...

We knew that we were going to die.

_____________________________________

A/N

Hello readers! I hope you liked the chapter (even though it wasn't much of a joy read but it was an important one.)

The yin and yang part in the anime has always been there. It was distributed between Naruto and Minato. Here, when I wrote this chapter, this info about Yin and Yang was not released. This was purely a co incident that I distributed the Yin and Yang between Naruto and his sister.

Do you think it was right on Minato's behalf to seal Kyuubi in Naruto?

Give your views!

Vote if you liked :)

~Sassy