Mystic Falls, Virginia 02.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss you too."

"How long will you two be staying at Mystic Falls?"

"We're not sure but what I am sure of is we won't stay for more than three months."

While I was finishing up packing and placing important items we'd need for the trip in my duffle bag, Lucy was talking to one of her close friends.

She glanced my way as they both complained back and forth about our temporary departure and shook her head with the raise of her lips, obviously amused at her friend's persistency.

"I'll call you, Kara, I promise." She assured.

Dramatic whining noises soon emitted through the phone and thankfully it didn't last long.

Kara let out a breath of air. "If you don't, I'll murder you."

Lu wholeheartedly laughed as she grabbed the duffle bag she'd already prepare and placed it around her shoulders, preparing to leave.

"Well, call me as soon as you get there."

Lucy smiled, even though Kara couldn't see it, and bid her goodbye as I came across a specific jewelery that had laid inside my duffle bag, for what seemed like years.

"Bye."

"Bye."

They hung up.

However I didn't even realise they were done talking as the jewelry in grabbed my attention.

It's been so long since I've seen it.

After having to travel from country to country and state to state because of my very existence, I had to hide it someplace so that I wouldn't lose it and, come to think of it, a duffle bag is an odd place to hide something so precious to me.

But to be very honest and direct with myself, I don't even know why I still carry such burden with me till this day.

"So.... Are you nervous?" She spoke, pulling me away from my thoughts and into reality.

"With what?" I responded with raised eyebrows.

"Going back to Mystic Falls, I mean. Also you technically kind of died there."

I sighed as I consciously clenched the jewel in my hands.

"Kind of."

My mind ran off once again to the adventurous memories of that town but this time I didn't let it side tracked me and cut myself off from reminiscing.

I continued to give her my answer as I zipped up the bag, finally done with packing, and stood up from the floor to properly face her.

"I mean... it's terrifying knowing that I'll be going to the one place that ended me but, in some sick and twisted way, I'm excited to go back after all this time."

I scoffed at myself when it dawned on me that I always had this longing feeling to visit my home, regardless of what happened.

A soft tiny smile sneaked its way onto my lips as the realization settled in. "I'm going back home."

_

After miles of passing multiple healthy looking trees, nice furnished houses as well as the rusty rotten abandoned ones, and also gas stations that we only stopped by twice to keep us going, we finally got to the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign.

That name alone made me feel a tug in my old dead heart.

Soon after, buildings from the town started to appear in my peripheral sight. There were buildings taller than I remembered and it seems to harbour a lot more people than just some maids, Lords and politicians.