Chapter 8 - Kai acting strangely

I had been living with Nana and Pops for about 2 weeks and things had been going really well for me. I had only had a few disagreements with Kai over really small silly things. However he always seemed to remain Alpha over me no matter if he lost or not. Kai hadn't said anything to me about his life before he came to live with Nana and Pops. But I had had time to try and work out if Kai was a dog or a wolf and I came to the conclusion he was a wolf like me. However what troubled me the most was that when I first met him he had a faint musk of Thor's sent in his fur. It troubled me for a singke reason because I wasn't sure if he was still part of the pack who hated me or whether he had been attacked like me. But at the moment that didn't matter to me as he seemed like a nice enough wolf.

One day I was out in the garden just walking around when Kai came up to me and began to nudge my belly. "What are you doing?" I asked turnig round to look at him.
"Oh nothing" he said quickly backing away from me. Weird I thought as he never ever backed away from me as he believed he was alpha. Anyway I just carried on sniffing around the bushes and flowers until I felt Kai nose nudge me again. "Do you mind?" I snapped at him.
"Sorry" he wimpered running away to the other side of the garden where Pops was standing watching us. "Jess play nicely" he called over to me. I looked at him and tilted my head as I wasn't doing anything wrong. He then went back indoors where Nana was sat reading a book. So slowly I wondered up the garden to see what everyone was doing. There Kai was waiting for me his tail wagging. He was so excited he was even doing what I like to call tap dancing with his feet. This was very weird behaviour for him as normally he was very clam.

When I got indoors Nana and Pops were both sitting there smiling at me. Okay I thought everyones acting really strangely today. I then went and lay down on the floor were I was quickly joined by Kai. "Seriously what is wrong with you?" I asked Kai.
"Nothings wrong" he replied.
"Then why are you acting so weirdly?" I asked.
"I'm just protecting you" he told me.
"From what?"
"Other wolves"
"Okay as much as thats sweet of you I dont know if you've notest but we are living in a humans house and there are no other wolves around us"
"It's just instinct" he replied gazing up at me.
"Right" I replied placing my head down on the floor. Maybe I was in danger but I couldn't sense any danger.  He then snuggled to me and then placed his heavy head on top of mine before he fell asleep. I did feel safe around him but this was getting a little bit over the top. I had never known a wolf to act like this before especially around me. But I guess I hadn'treally had the chance to become friends with wolves other than my family. I could hear Nana and Pops whispering in the back ground but I wasn't really playing attension to what they were saying. I was warm and safe and slowly I driffed into a deep sleep.