Chapter 18

"Emily." I heard a voice say. "Wake up." My eyes opened slowly and I groaned. I looked around to see Damon right across from me looking at me. His hands were locked tight agenced the chair, and he was struggling to get out of them.

"Are you okay?" Damon said. I nodded in response, and tried to brake the metal by lifting up, but I wasn't strong enough from the lack of blood.

"What happened?" I asked looking around. He didn't answer me, but looked in the other room.

"Stefan." Damon tried yelling but it only came out a whisper sort of thing. Damon looked on the floor to see our rings next to each other on the floor. Stefan came walking in and stopped, and leaned agenced the frame. "Low blow Stefan, low blow."

Stefan chuckled. "What the h*ll happened to you two?"

"What ever twisted ripper game this is, leave us out of it."

"I didn't do this," Stefan said going towards Damon.

"Quit screwing around!"

"I didn't."

"Ahh."

"It's pretty messed up though isn't it?" Stefan said then he looked around, then grabbed the pole and tore it out of Damon's stomach. Damon screamed and yelled, and Stefan ripped one metal band off of the chair, then came over to me and did the same.

"Not to worry. I'll just untangle myself," Damon yelled as Stefan walked away. Suddenly the curtain opened from the window and the room was filled with our screams of pain.

***

I woke up to the metallic smell of blood. I opened my eyes to see Damon sitting on the coffee table with a blood bag in his hands waving it in my face. I sat up hungrily from the couch and grabbed the bag and drank from it thirstily, feeling regenerated from the blood.

"Thank you, Damon," I said as I put it on the table."Your welcome." Damon said looking into my eyes. We stayed like that for a while, just looking into each others eyes. He reached for my hand and we stood up. "Come on," he said leading me to the door. I pulled my hand back.

"Where are we going?"

"To find out who did that to us."

He lead me out side to his blue car and we got in quickly riding to town.

We came across Bonnie and Caroline hanging up lanterns. Once they seen us approach in the car, Caroline and Bonnie came over with there arms crossed. Well, only Caroline did.

"Greeting Blondie, witchy. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan." Damon said.

"What do you mean? Why?"

"Because I'm pretty sure we just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost."

'What?"

"Why would you think that?" Caroline said.

"Maybe because he chained us to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest." He said looking in between the two. "Let's just say I'm having deja vu."

"I thought you said that ghosts couldn't interact with people," Caroline said to Bonnie.

"They can't!"

"Well look, I don't have time for a vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead." He said motioning his hands. "What ever you screwed up, fix it."

***

"You know I've had enough vampires today, thanks," Alaric said once Damon and I came into the Mystic Grill.