Chapter 10

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." I heard Elena say to Greta, as Klaus and I appeared to Steven's Quarry.

"My duty is to Klaus! The new order." Greta said in return.

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner," he said. WHAT? I gave him the death glare, but he gave me the look that he was just kidding. "Hello my lovelies. Are we ready?" He asked directing his attention to the girls, surrounded by fire. Jules, the werewolf was groaning in pain on the ground, and Jenna, she just looked scared. Elena though, had hatred in her eyes staring at Klaus and I.

Klaus grabbed my hand and guided me to the altar to stand to the side. He smiled at me and pulled the moon stone out of his pocket after Greta asked for it and raised her hand. "I've got the moon stone... I've spent five hundred years looking for this. I hate to part with it," he said handing it to Greta. She looked at it then at Klaus.

"The moon has passed it's apex. Remember every thing you need to do?"

"I remember."

Greta dropped the moon stone into the stone, with a hole on top, filled with water. It shot out fireworks, but then there was fire.

Greta chanted in Latin, whistle Klaus walked over to Jules and the fire disappeared.

"Every thing I did," she said to Elena, "I was just trying to help Tyler."

"Are you Jules?"

"I didn't want him to be alone!" She looked up at Klaus in a scared manner.

"Shall we?" Jules's eyes turned yellow and she started to wolf out trying to run away, but Klaus was to fast for her. I heard growls and I seen him throw her to the ground plunging his hand into her chest, rubbed her cheek and ripped her heart out.

***

He came back to the altar and squeezed her heart making the blood fall into the water. "Does that mean it's working?" He asked whistle looking at it, bubbling.

"It's working."

"The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to be your guardian, you know what my first thought was?" Jenna asked Elena. "Isn't there some one else who could do this?"

"Jenna there was no one else who could have gotten me and Jeremy threw all that."

"It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of you."

"But you didn't. You out your entire life on hold to help us."

"Look around Elena. I've failed you."

"No. You didn't. I failed you. I'm so sorry." I quit listening because if I keep on listening, I'll start to feel way to much guilt. If your wondering why I haven't turned it off, my humanity I mean, because I love to love. I don't like feeling no emotion, feeling empty. But when I was human, I cared to much, when people cried I would feel bad. To caring I guess.

Klaus walked towards Jenna, slowly. "Hello Jenna," he greeted as Jenna and Elena stood up.

"Let her go. I understand I have to die but she doesn't!" She started to walk to Jenna but the fire got higher, so she shot back.

"Careful."

"Elena don't."

"No Jenna! We can't leave Jeremy with out a family. I followed your rules I did everything you asked, I didn't run. Please."

"Well, well. I don't recall you being on the guest list," he said as he looked up and seen Stefan on the rocks, look down at us. Jenna and Elena looked up and gasped.