Chapter One

Seth Point of View

"We need to find a way to get rid of Adriano. Before he starts destroying Seth's chance at love." my father says to my mother as he starts massaging mothers shoulders.

My mom starts to moan out her stresses and worries. " I know I know but I can't just stop loving one of my babies. I know he made some mistakes but we can't just abandoned him. We have to help find a solution to his problems." my mom gets up from her spot on the couch and turns to father. Grabs his hands and looks into his eyes.

"I know Seth has been having a hell of a time trying to find his soul half. But you and I both know that we can't aid him in his search for his soul half. That is the last thing that we need to do we both know that he will never forgive us if we help. You of all people know that its an embarrassment when parents help. So we need to just let it go, and let Seth figure it out." my moms  turns and starts to crawl into bed and I know its time to go before I hear to much. I quietly hop up from my spot by the door and crawl back and stand up but not before I hear what my dad said.

"We both know that Adriano will never stop." before I hear anything else I turn and back away and don't look back. I know whatever that comes out of his mouth will only cause my pain.

I just need to get out. I pull my clothes off as I walk towards my old room. I dive into the small pool that leads out to the ocean. I feel my scales starting to grow over my skin. I slowly feel the water flow through my gills and feel relief washing over my body. There is nothing like swimming in the ocean. I spin and look at my surroundings. Large mounts of boulders and light shinning through the water from the moon. I push myself up and out of the water and take in a breath of salty air. Beauty is all around me. From lights coming from the distant city and the moon reflecting off of the glistening ocean.

The ocean was so calm that you could see the reflection of lights without it being disturbed. Peace is all I get when I become one with the ocean. I turn and float on my back. Looking into never ending array of stars.

Being a merman has its ups and its downs and this isn't one of the latter.

 I can go on land but only for twelve hours. It can get kind of old sometimes but you get use to it. It gives us enough time to search for our soul halves. It was pretty much what we were trained to do when we were in school. That's why when a parent try's to aide a child its a embarrassment. Since your trained from the time you are born,  on how to find your soul half guess that's why My older brother Adriano left. I would have but I didn't want to disappoint my parents. Karma is probably trying to come back to bite me for even having the thought of leaving. 

But now that I get to search for my soul half some of the knowledge will be helpful. Now I just need to find her. But since I am only a youngling it may be some time before I find her. Since merman don't age like humans. Merman stop ageing at 23 same for soul halves. At age 26 I have many years till I could find her or maybe days.

I just hope it doesn't take hundreds of years to find her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote~~~Comment~~~~Share

Thank you for reading

~Shell