ON THE ROAD

"Ben, are you ready to go kid?" I called up the stairs as Sam was making sure that we didn't miss anything.
"Yeah dad! I'm on my way down now."he called back. And then I heared his hurried foot steps as he comes running down the stairs.
"OK let's get on the road. We have a long drive ahead of us. And I wanna be at least half way there by midnight."I said as I led him out of the house and to the impala.
Once I got Ben safely fastened into the back seat, I went back inside to get Sam so that we could hit the road.
"Hey Sammy, let's go! We gotta hit the road!"I yelled as I reached the front door.
" Coming! I just finished my double check. And we did miss something the first time through." He said as he reached the front door.
"And what's that?"I ask as we were getting into the car.
"This," he replies as I start the car."It was laying on the night stand by Lisa's bed. Folded in half with YOUR name on it."he finished holding up a piece of what looked to be a really old piece of paper.
"What is it?" I asked as reached the main road heading out of town. And to the safest place I knew. Bobby's.
"I'll show you once we get Ben safely out of here. It's not something that you want him to hear." Sam answered quietly so that Ben wouldn't overhear.