19

She's dead, they couldn't save her. I paced in my room where earlier I woke up next to the woman I loved so much. A healer came in and told me. The poison was heamoepha, the deadliest chemical in all the nine realms. When the healer left I cried. Everyone in the palace could hear me, but I didn't care. It wasn't fair! I had changed for the better! Why did the universe hate me? The news was spread through all the realms. People place flowers and candles at the fountain I was going to give to her as a wedding gift, it now became a memorial to the princess lost too soon.
I gathered up the courage and strength and went to the balcony. All the citizens of Asgard were there and I saw the cameras that were showing this to all the other realms. I took a deep breath and began to speak.
" Today will be a day of mourning for the princesses we lost too soon, and the wife I loved so much. She died through poisoning by heamoepha. Only yesterday we celebrated our wedding and our love for each other. We are now under marshal law. A guard may come into your house and search it and may take any suspicious person into custody and questioning. There will be a curfew of 10 o'clock. No citizen may be out past that time, the exception is for emergencies. Anyone who refuses to follow these laws will be arrested for treason of the highest order."
Later that night was her funeral. She was dressed in her wedding gown that made me see how truly beautiful and how truly I was blessed. Everyone held a lantern of green or cream. I stood on the balcony and saw her bed floating in the river and into the ocean. Her physical body will fall over the edge but her spirit will become the night stars. When her sprit flew the lanterns were released. It was a beautiful sight, but for a depressing cause.
The best day I didn't leave her room. I could smell the perfume she wore. I could hear her laughing. A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts.
" Your majesty, it's Kida. May I come in. I have some information you would like to know regarding Juliet's death." Kida announced
   She walked in with a bowl of broth on a tray. She placed it on the bed and sat next to me
   " I'm so sorry about your loss. She was a beautiful person inside and out." Kida comforted
  " Thank you. Now the information." I commanded.
   " We found out who killed her. Her name is Xarina Verona. She's a kitchen servant. Her daughter brought the basket. The daughter had no idea that it was poisoned. It was a crime of jealousy." Kida stated.
   " Put her to death." I stated
   Kida nodded and a few moments later a scream was heard, then silence. The doors bursted open and Silverna came into the room with tears in her eyes.
  " Why did you kill my mom? She didn't kill her!" Silverna cried
   " My most trusted adviser told me, she would never frame someone else." I replied while trying to calm her down.
   " I can prove you her innocence!" Silverna cried.
   She walked to the middle of the room and put her left  pointer finger to her temple and held her free hand in front of her. A hologram appeared showing the events of the previous day. Silverna and her mother where preparing the basket.
   " Do you think she'll like it?" Silverna asked her mother
   " Of course she will especially if it's delivered by you." Her mother replied
   They then walked away. Kida then walked up to the basket and picked up a berry. She put something in the berry and placed it back where it was.
  " Please replay Kida with the berry" I asked.
  It replayed and I saw that she put in the little spike with the poison. Kida killed Juliet. The hologram disappeared and I saw Silverna's face.
   " Oh Silverna, I'm so sorry. Because of her your mother is dead. You'll never forgive me." I admitted
  She walked up to me and put her hands on my cheeks. I looked in her eyes and saw forgiveness.
  " Don't blame yourself. She played you and used you in your time of grief. I forgive you. I think she might be trying to kill you too and have the throne. When she was walking here I saw her dump a vial of something into the broth." Silverna stated.
  I decided that I needed to apprehend Kida myself and avenge my love.