Can I Trust Myself To Cherish You?

Darius Payne P.O.V

I've been avoiding being alone with Xander. It's just too emotional for me. I don't want to lose him.

So I've spent most of my time in my office researching ways to try and keep him alive.

I've spoken to the Werecouncil and I've yet to hear from them. I'm beginning to become impatient.

I looked up as I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."

The door opened and two cloaked figures stepped in.

"Who are you ?" I asked getting up and putting up my guard.

"We're from the Werecouncil." A feminine voice said as both pulled their hoods down.

Standing there was the Lord and The Seer.

"So, you're here for the problem with Xander right?"

"Yes, we are. We're here with the conclusion that we have come to." Lord answered.

"Which is?" I asked.

"Don't interrupt me."

I raised my hands in surrender.

"The only solution we have is for you to mate with him. Although it's only temporary. The mating will cause him to feed off some of your power and energy. It should keep him alive a little longer."

"How long exactly?"

"We aren't sure. There's only been one other case like this and it was not fully documented there for we don't have enough information."

"But...won't I hurt him?"

"No, from the information we have he should be fine."

"Well thank you." I smiled.

"If that is all I should be going." With that a cloud of smoke appeared and they disappeared.

Luna Henson came walking in coughing and fanning the smoke. "I'm still not used to it when they do that. Between me and you it freaks me out. I mean if they walked through the door to get here why not walk back through the door?"

I shrugged because I didn't know what to say.

"Why were they here in the first place?" He asked.

"Well, I wanted their advice on what to do about Xander's case."

"Oh.." Henson trailed off, and scratched his neck. "Ummm...you want tacos? One of the omegas are making tacos, really good tacos."

"I'm guessing you don't want to talk about Xander's condition, right?" I asked.

"Condition? He has no condition, you want to know why? Because my baby isn't going to die that's why."

With that Luna Henson stomped out of the room. Before stomping back. "And I'll get you a taco."

"I don't want a taco." I replied.

"I will bring you a taco and you will enjoy it!"

"Fine." I said raising my hand in surrender.

As soon as Luna Henson disappeared I ran over to Xander's room.

"Xander, I'm here."

"Hey, Hun." He smiled. "You sound as if you're running from someone."

"Yeah, Luna Henson."

"Why?"

"He's trying to aggressively feed me a taco."