Our Goodbyes Are Knocking At The Door, But It's Too Soon

Henson POV

I woke up, a bright light and a overly eager Alex in my face. 

"Baby!" He said. 

"Shhhh." I whispered placing my finger against his lips. 

I laid there trying to make my eyes adjust to the light and whilst laying there the last memories I had before I passed out resurfaced. 

"Where's my son?!" I asked sitting up quickly, causing a pain right at my side. 

"Lay down, you just came out of surgery." 

"Surgery?" I asked as Alex gently laid me back to rest on the hospital bed. 

"Zuri shot you." Alex sighed. "But don't worry she's been taken care of, she's dead now."

"Where's Xander?" I asked.

Alex turned his gaze down to the floor. He took a long harbored breath. When his eyes rose to mine, they were filled with pain and hurt.

"Alex what's wrong?" 

He didn't answer. 

"Alexander Pierce, What is wrong with my Son?!" I yelled, tears beginning to prickle my eyes. 

Alex squeezed my hand. "He's....asleep right now." He sighed again. "He lost control over his wolf and used his powers. This exhausted his body and the doctors predict he won't make until next year. He has about seven months, if even that much." 

I pulled my knees up to my face. I crossed my arms and rested my arms and head on my knees, ignoring the pain in my side. I started to sob. I felt Alex wrap his arms around me. "My baby, he's going too soon. Can't we do something Alex?" 

"I'm sorry, Hun. We don't have a solution at the moment."

I pulled out of Alex's hold and placed my legs back on the bed. I grasped fistfuls of Alex's shirt. "You'll fix this won't you?"

Alex pulled my hands off his shirt. "I can't make you any promises."

I sighed. "My baby."

----------

Darius POV

The Doctor told me Alpha Alex and My Dad that Xander didn't have much longer. 

Hearing that really broke me because I never knew him that long and he was gonna leave me. 

I let out a deep breath and mustered all my courage  before stepping into his room. 

"Darius." 

"Yeah." 

"Hey." He weakly smiled at me. "I missed you."

I sat next to him on the bed. He rested his head on my chest. "You should get some more rest." I suggested.

Xander gently shook his head side to side. "I'm Okay. If I rest any longer, I'll start to grow mold."

I chuckled slightly.  The silence in the room taking over. It was so thick it seemed as if it could suffocate me. It seemed Xander was thinking the same thing, as he started to talk again. 

"Darius...."

"What?" I asked softly kissing his temple. 

"You promise me anything right?"

"Of course."

"Promise me that when I die you'll move on."

My breath caught in my throat and I looked down at him. Xander still stayed snuggled into me. His eyes closed and his breathing even and calm. 

"Xander...."

"I know I don't have much longer, my human form is too weak to support the power of my wolf. It's been that way since I was born. If I let my wolf control everything I'll be alive but I'll go rogue and I don't want to hurt you...." Xander paused for a moment. "So promise me that when my time comes for me to leave this place, you'll continue on with life. I'll still be with you, in your heart."

I changed the subject, I wasn't ready to come to terms with that fact yet. "Get some sleep."

"Promise me." He mumbled, sleep lining his voice. 

"I promise...I'll try."

"That's a good place to start." Xander said with a small smile, before he snuggled into my chest and fell asleep.

-----------------------------------

Thanks for Reading!

Sorry about the delay in the update, I had bad writer's block. This is mostly a filler chapter until I figure out what I want to do. 

So please enjoy until the next one, Love you.

XOXO - JIN JIN