Power Surge - Darius Payne

We were in the midst of a meeting when all hell broke loose.

The door flew open and Beta Dean ran in. "Alphas! Alphas' Zuri has escaped from the dungeon!"

I stood up fast, slamming my hand against the table. "What! How did that happen?"

"It happened when we were transporting her."

Alex stood up. "Where is she now?"

Before the wolf could say anything another person burst into the room. "Rogues have breached the border, we are under attack. The war wolves can't uphold the borders alone." His eyes glazed over before returning to normal. "I've just been informed that there are also gang members involved and they have weapons, and they're all being led by Zuri."

This kept getting from bad to worse.

Alex stood up straight. "Get the pregnant women, the elderly and the children to the safe room. All the men and women who want to want to fight are to head to the border. Please ensure my children are led to the safe room as well, they're too young to fight." Alex's eyes glazed over as he seemed to be mind-linking someone, most likely Gail.

"Yes, Sir." Both men turned to leave in order to have the orders taken out when there was a loud explosion, throwing all of us to the floor.

The whole house shook and there were screams from all around, the only thing on my mind at this point was Xander.

I got up and ran out the door. I dodged people running past me. Many were injured and a few were trying to fight back against the rogues.

At this point in time we were currently being overpowered.

Another explosion sounded and the roof started to crumble and fell. It missed me by an inch. I maneuvered around this.

I continued to run when I was tackled by someone.

We rolled around on the ground, me throwing punches to his face whenever I got the chance. After getting hit in the face a couple times I managed to pin him down. I punched him until his face was bruised and bloody before using my claws to tear at his throat. When I was sure he was dead, I got off him and started downstairs.

I heard a gun fire and loud screams that sounded like both like Luna Henson and Xander.

I practically flew down the down the stairs.

When I reached down there I was blinded by a bright light. Covering my face with my hand, I waited until the light dimmed.

I slowly peeled my hands off my face. My eyes nearly fell out of my head at what I saw.

Xander was levitating off the ground, his whole body shined brightly. His claws were out and looking unusually long.

"Xander..." I whispered.

His ears perked before his face whipped around to face me. He had a scary scowl on his face, and his eyes they were glowing as bright as the moon. He had this powerful supernatural aura floating around him.

I just stared at him. I'd never seen him like that before and it scared me.

My eyes wandered behind Xander to Zuri. She sneered and then lifted her gun. My eyes widened, I didn't know what to do.

The gun fired and I screamed his name, running to try and push him out of the way but I didn't make it in time.

When I opened my eyes I expected Xander to be hurt but instead He was still there levitating. Instead of the bullet hitting him, it floated just in front of him. 

The bullet fell to the floor as Xander launched at Zuri. His claw slashing a massive part of her face.

I just stood there and watched, I didn't know what to do in this situation. So I stood by and silently prayed for him, although by the looks of the situation the last thing he needed was prayer.

I watched in horror - maybe in some way pleasure - as he clawed her to shreds. It was well deserved for all the terror she caused us.

He left out a loud howl before he yelled. "I'll kill every last one of you!" I knew that was not his voice, his wolf must have taken over.

He dropped to his feet, and ran out of the room. I tried to follow him but before I was out the door, I heard a small stutter of my name. "D-d-d-arius." It was low and weak. When I turned I saw Luna Henson and for the first time Xander wasn't my main focus

 I rushed over to him and pulled him into my arms. He wasn't dead but his heartbeat was very faint. He had his hand on one of his gun shot wounds. "P-p-prot-t-ect my S-s-son. P-Please." He sputtered, blood pouring from his lips. He coughed and more blood spewed from his lips. "P-Please, P-promise M-me." He wheezed, he eyes drawing close. "P-plea..." Before he could finish his eyes closed and his arm slumped. 

I could find Xander later but my main priority right now is to get him some help.

I started to run toward the pack infirmary. His heart was slowing fast, I've got to hurry.

I was met halfway by both Alpha's. My father and Alex. Alex took Henson from me, his anger raising ten folds every few seconds. "What happened to him?"

"There was an encounter with Zuri. We need to get help for him fast." I rushed out the sentence. 

Gail ran up to us. 

I rolled my eyes. "Why is everyone running?"

"That's not important, what's important is that I lost Xander."

"You what!" 

"Sorry Father." 

Alex slowly shook his head. "Find him."

"Leave it to me." I replied and transformed into my wolf and ran back to the direction I came from. I ran all over the pack house - or what was left of it- to find Xander. 

I smelt a sweet scent pf Peppermint and Lavender. That was his scent, I got excited it means that I was getting closer to him. 

I found him passed out on the floor, in the midst of dead rogue and gang members alike. 

I transformed back into my human form and stole jeans from one of the gang members. I was to focused on getting Xander help to worry about how disgusting that was. 

I picked Xander up from off the ground. He was covered in blood and cuts. 

When I really took in his appearance he seemed to have returned to normal. The supernatural and powerful aura from before was gone. He was just my normal Xander again. 

I looked at him one more time before making my way toward the infirmary. I held him tighter to my chest. "I'll protect you. I promise."

--------------------------------

Thank you for reading! 

Sorry about the late update, I was super busy and had a ton of writer's block. It was like a cement wall blocking my creativity from shining bright and  making me update. 

Woah...I have got to learn to stop being my weird self on here. 

Anywho, thanks for reading! Please Comment or Vote to show your appreciation. 

XOXO - JIN JIN