The fear was evident on his ashen face. "Is this - is this a tip-off?"

"Tip-off?" she scoffed indignantly. "Ha. I'm busy now so why don't you pull that stick out from your ass and use it to hit your head eh?"

She hastily left him for another prey.

Three middle-aged women were inside the security personnel area. They were visibly shaken when Eve showed up for an interview.

"Who among you here was assigned to the reception area yesterday around 1900?"

Woman One and Woman Two turned their heads to their left and pointed Woman Three who merely raised her trembling hand. She flinched when the Lieutenant gave her dead-set eyes.

"Did you book the reservation on the 58th via call?"

Woman Three shuddered and broke heavy tears. "I-I-I did not book it, Ma'am – er, Lieutenant! I-I-I don't have me-memory reten-retention bu-but I am familiar wi-with the-the things I-I have bo-booked!"

"Are you telling me that it popped like magic?!" Eve wasn't aware that she was snarling. "Your name was logged in the encoder system and God-forsaken knows if someone overwrites it externally."

"I-I swear to my father's grave I'm innocent!" Woman Three defended fervently, and when she eyed her companions for help they simply averted her gaze.

Feeney was hunching on the corner, furiously shaking his head while fiddling on the monitor screens and memory boxes. The Go-cup that the security personnel drank was still there untouched, so Eve bagged it immediately for possible fingerprints.

She patted the Captain's back. "You might grab those cameras on the crime scene, maybe we can retrieve some images as well as the surveillance within seventy-two hours."

"I know what to do," he grumbled without sparing her a glance.

"Get the blueprint of the hotel, especially their sprinkler system will you? Especially the units in the reception area - maybe there's a mild tampering."

"I said I know what to do!" he lashed out and met her burning rage.

Eve left him without saying a word.

She went to her vehicle that was parked in the VIP slot then poured her anger by kicking its rear several times. Though it took her a while to calm herself down, she was still not ready to deliver the bad news.

She pulled out the data of Amir Howe's next kin and felt like the whole world collapsed.

She immediately dialed Louise Dimatto, the best physician she knew. Her link suddenly filled with Louise's image as she answered her link'.

"What can I do to the city of New York, Dallas?" she greeted.

"Very much. You might be hailed as a hero and have your own bust in the Greenpeace Park after this. Listen, can you go to a certain location that I am going to transmit to you and be there in thirty? I'll be on my way to meet you there."

As Louise read the transmission, Eve told her about the situation.

"That's so horrible. Awful." was the doctor's reply.

"That's how I uphold my world-renowned title. Bitch cop."

"I feel so sorry for this, Dallas. I'll meet you there.", Louise said then hang up.

Both arrived on time. When Eve pushed the buzzer, an old lady slightly opened the door.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Lieutenant Dallas and this is my consultant, Dr. Louise Dimatto. We are here for Mrs. Howe.", Eve introduced as she showed her the badge. After scanning and verifying it, they were admitted inside and led to an anteroom filled with pastel-colored decors.