And Rose could tell – he knew she could, rubbing her palms against his shoulders as he rested his forehead on her neck, running her fingers through his hair every now and then.

"Hey," She whispered, her warm gaze made his fingers stable. "It's okay Aaron, don't worry."

He gulped, nodding his head. "I know I am," He tried to give her a smile. "I am with you."

Rose gave him a subtle smile, before kissing his cheek. "That's about right."

He let out a breath, before Rose embraced him tight. "Go with James for a while, he'll help you get your mind off things." There was that understanding glint in her eyes again. "And you could do the same for him."

Aaron gripped her closely. "I don't like the idea of leaving you alone while Damien is here."

Rose smiled. "I'm a strong girl, I can handle a fart face like him."

Aaron chuckled quietly. "Fart face?"

Rose nodded. "The stinkiest one there is."

Aaron nodded, kissing her on the lips again. There was always something sacred whenever he did. "Thank you," He whispered to her, resting his forehead on her collarbones, clearly hearing the Thump – thump of her heart. "For being here with me."

He could feel her kiss the top of his head. "You know I would do anything for you Aaron," Her fingers were so soft against his shoulders. "I promise."

"You don't understand how happy that makes me."

She smiled, before kissing his forehead once more. "Okay, that's enough sap and cheesiness, let's get you all cheered up and watch Harry Potter."

And they did. Rose took Aaron and knocked on James' room, where the little blonde haired boy was settled on his bed, sending the pair a tight smile as his shoulders trembled.

But Rose didn't have any of that; she gave James a hug before whispering something in his ear and eventually figured out how to use the DVD player – Is this the play button? Goodness, I don't even know – and soon, the movie was playing for the three to see.

Aaron could see Rose mouthing the lines, while James was keenly watching; settled right in between the couple as he munched on some biscuits they had leftover from earlier – Hey it's exactly like that part in the book – while Aaron couldn't really focus on anything.

It was hard watching normally when his tormenting elder brother was only a few rooms across, and it was even harder watching normally when Aaron knew his parents would be home in a few hours.

Aaron excused himself for a bathroom break, noticing how Rose's eyes immediately snapped to him, glimmering in raw concern, before he gave her a shrug and a small smile before making his way out.

He closed the door behind him, letting out a small breath as he moved along the corridors – he was feeling a little queasy, and he did want some time alone.

"Hello there,"

Aaron could feel his back muscles contract, his eyes immediately snapping to the blue of his brother's. Breathe. "I didn't expect to see you out so soon," Damien continued, eyes glimmering cerulean and azure. "I thought you always needed more time for adjustments and such." He was smiling too. "But all is well innit?"

"Everything is just peachy," Aaron muttered, clenching his fists. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Last time I checked, a member of the family has full rights to roam the house," Damien replied, grinning. "Except you of course," He added. "So I should be the one asking what are you doing here."