15| Abditory

1 5

A b d i t o r y 

  /æb.dɪt.ɹi/ 

(n.) a place into which you can disappear; a hiding place.

  ♡♡♡ 

 You killed me, my love.

   ♡♡♡  

"You seem pretty calm for a girl who just had a boy over for dinner," Chase said, twirling the pen around his fingers as he eyed her. "Too calm."

Rose rolled her eyes at her best friend. "You're starting to get annoying again."

"My apologies, it's a boy who you like that came over for dinner."

She bit her lip, in hope that maybe her cheeks wouldn't flush. "Shut up."

Chase shrugged. "Well you didn't deny it, so that's a start."

She glared at him. "Are you here to talk about my love life? Just leave it alone Chase,"

He grinned. "You really aren't denying it." He chuckled lightly. "You have a genuine crush on him."

"Stop or I swear-"

"And I bet he doesn't know either!" Chase couldn't stop laughing. "This is actually rather cute."

Rose gritted her teeth. "How about we get back to your homework Chase? How about that?"

He rolled his eyes. "You're seriously no fun." 

She shrugged in response before both of them got back to doing their work. When ever one of them had doubts, they'd ask the other and perhaps even take a little break. 

"So, when are the leagues coming through?" Rose asked as she chewed on her biscuits. (Courtesy of her Mother)

Chase took a sip of his milk. "In a few months I think. Why?"

She shrugged. "Just wondering." She then smiled. "You're growing up dear boy, like you are going to be playing in a championship in a few months."

Chase grinned at her. "And you're growing up too little girl, you finally earned yourself a boyfriend."

She scowled at him. "He's not my boyfriend! God how many times do I need to clarify this!"

Chase held his hands in surrender. "Okay fine, soon to be boyfriend."

Least to say, Chase ended up leaving the McLean household soaked in milk. 

✐✐✐

"I am so happy," Lana whispered to Rose's ear, making Rose lightly flinch in surprise. "This is the best day of my life."

Rose stifled a laugh. "Are you seriously this happy because you get to miss Biology?"

Lana tightened her lips as she gave Rose a look. "You're saying that as if it's a bad thing,"

Rose bit her lip, trying to hold in her laugh. "For all you know they might just announce that exams have been preponed 3 months earlier and they start tomorrow."

Lana shrugged. "It's not as bad as having to dissect a cockroach."

Rose bit the inside of her cheek. Being around Lana without laughing was a real challenge. "It also means that you'll have your biology practical exam earlier,"