Chapter 9

Shane's POV

I don't know why but I'm have a bad feeling that something's going to happen.

I called my brother and ask him some things

"Uhm Kent... When you got here yesterday... Uhm where did you find me?"

"Huh? You were in your bed, sleeping. Is there something wrong?" I can feel he's getting confuse.

"Everythings fine... Uhm I have to go now, bye!"

So they just put me here in the bed? They just bring me back?

I don't get it, its not that I wanted them to bring me back dead, its just...

I felt a vibration on my pocket, its my phone.

Theirs a message, it's from Ashley.

Shane... I know you're going to get mad at me after this... I just wanted to say sorry, its all my fault, james.. the girl.. and you, you've seen things that you shouldn't saw in the first place. I shouldn't help you get in, but I wanted you to see to truth behind the internet. I'm sorry for all the bad things I've done to you, and thank you for the good memories that we've made since when we were kids. You were like a sister to me. I'm sorry again but I can't take it anymore, sorry for being weak. Don't reply after you read this message I'm going to destroy my phone, don't tell anyone the things we've saw please. Goodbye Shane.

After I read the message, I run as fast as I can.

I just hope I'm not too late.

It's raining, damn it. I have to ride a taxi to reach to her house.

Shit its traffic!!! I'm trying to call her mom but she's not answering damn it!!

When I've reach the front of her house I run, my eyes is getting watery hoping I'm not too late.

I knocked on the door as hard as I can. Mrs. Anderson opened it.

"Shane? Is there something wrong?" she look worried, I run upstairs.

I'm standing in front of her door, my hands is shaking.

I can hear Mrs. Anderson shouting my name.

The moment I opened the door, my tears can't stop.

No... No! This can't be true!

She hanged herself.

"Ashley!! No! No! Wake up! You can't die! Don't leave me please!" I remove the rope in her neck.

I heard Mrs. Anderson calling an ambulance.

Ashley... Please...

***

I'm staring at the grass, Ashley's mom is now delivering her eulogy she can't barely speak.

They tried to revive her but....

Someone tap my back, its Mrs. Anderson.

Its my turn to deliver a eulogy.

"Ashley... Ashley have been more than a friend to me, more like a sister... We've been through a lot..." I look up, trying to stop the tears coming out from my eyes. I sigh.

While delivering a eulogy, a scenario with Ashley suddenly pops in my head.

There's going to be a lot of changes in my daily routine... The plans we've made....

All gone.

After the funeral, I headed straight to kent's house.

I live with my brother now.

***

Sorry for the typos and wrong grammars~
Thank you for those who read this :)