Part 43

Multiple lightning bolts of emotion struck through his body again and again. He let the laptop slide to the floor where it made an unhealthy crack as it connected with the carpet. He was in shock.

It didn't last however. What came after the shock was a massive wave of fury crashing in his body, the anger seeping out of his body. He stood up in rage, his fists clenched as he angrily paced to the door and back. When he reached the chair he had left, kicked the laptop as hard as he could. A jolt of pain struck from his toes to his ankle and he pulled it upwards jerkily, holding the end to stop it from hurting.

He left the room and stormed to his bedroom, collapsing onto his bed and running his hand through his hair. How could he not have told him? The email was from three days ago. Three whole days. As soon as Mycroft came home, Sherlock was not sparing him. He wasn't going to be nice. He wasn't going to take it easy. He had been let down.

***

Sherlock took in a deep breath when he heard the front door open and close. He was stretched out on his bed. His shirt taught around his chest as he had his hands on his head, running through his hair and hitting the wall behind him. He heard the footsteps go up the stairs and a door open. It didn't close. Instead he heard footsteps pound towards him. He felt his heart beat but he wasn't going to stand down.

The door opened rapidly and shut into place as his brother stormed in, holding his laptop. Sherlock winced when he saw the long crack snaking its way across the screen. He hadn't meant to do that but, then again, who cares?

"Sherlock, what on earth were you doing?" Mycroft shouted his voice filling the room with anger Sherlock hadn't heard directed at him since he was found over a year ago. Instead of interupting, Sherlock let him carry on expelling the anger out, shut his eyes and began to draw up the energy to fight back. " This is private Sherlock! How did you even get in? And what you did to the screen. You are in so much trouble. I am so angry with you Sherlock!"

The last sentence came out piercingly loud, making his voice go croaky and hoarse. Sherlock knew that if he opened his eyes he would be looking at a bright red face with anger glaring out of the eyes. However, he didn't. He listened to the footsteps. Two people, his parents, ascending the stairs quickly and piling through the door before Mycroft can start again.

"What's going on?" His Mother's voice cut through the tension. The floorboard squeaked and Sherlock knew that his Father was standing behind her, ready to back her up.

He listened as Mycroft explained quickly and angrily what happened and his parents made noises of agreement and shock. His voice tailed off however and Sherlock knew that he had seen the email.

"It's okay Mum. Dad. Leave it. We'll be down in a bit." Mycroft said, with something undetectable in his voice. Concern? Worry? Sympathy?

As the creak moved towards him and a weight landed on the bed, he opened his eyes. They briefly met Mycroft's before he dropped them again to the screen. He was right. Mycroft knows that he knows. The silence brought back everything he had been supressing. Mycroft flinched back as he suddenly sat up, bolting upright as the words began to spill.

"How could you? You've know for three days and you haven't mentioned it! I'm your brother! How could you not tell me that he's back? That he'd been freed? How? Why? How!?" Sherlock's last question came out as equally ear piercing as Mycroft's.

Instead of carry on, he collapsed. His head hit the pillow and he pulled his knees up, clenching them as Mycroft got up. The anger was gone and he felt his eyes prickle with tears. He didn't know what to do, what would happen. He didn't know why or how.
But he wanted to.

"He's not dangerous anymore Sherlock. We can't keep him there." Mycroft's voice was soft and soothing. It coaxed Sherlock out of his ball-like shape and into an upright position.

"He's out now Sherlock. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I would have done - in time. He's going to be watched closely - he is being watched closely in fact. It's all okay." Mycroft soothed Sherlock as he pulled him into a hug." Is that why you broke into my laptop?"

"No." Sherlock replied, willing to tell the truth. "I wanted to see your emails with John. I'd forgotten they were coming."

"You always have been forgetful with things like that Sherlock." Mycroft remarked, letting Sherlock know he had been forgiven.