First Impressions Pt. 2

I could hear the music from downstairs, vibrations though the dark floorboards. It was as if the house had a pulse. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. None of the girls were allowed to go down to the party until at least half after midnight. Brianna insisted we were the stars, we needed to make an enterance when all the guests had arrived. I started getting ready shortly after dinner, to ensure I did my makeup perfectly, and wore just the right thing. I still wasn't trying to impress Oliver, but I knew that he knew important people, and I was definitely trying to impress important people. Business owners, agents, designers, hot guys that weren't creepy.

"Take a selfie with me." Kendall held up her phone in front of us. I rolled my eyes internally and made the most horrifically ugly face I could possibly muster. She did the same and took the picture.

"Kay wait." I opened Instagram on my phone and we took a remotely attractive picture. I posted it with no caption and stood off my bed. I wore a black tight dress that had spaghetti straps and ended a few inches above my knees. The back of the dress sunk to just above my hips, showing my entire back. I wore eight rings on each hang and plain black stilettos.

"Let's go." Kendall stood and adjusted her simple black shift dress. I put my phone in my bra and we opened the bedroom door to see the other girls filing out and down the stairs. I followed along and stopped as soon as I got to the center landing. Bright lights shone over the staircase directly on us, and it was as if the house hand changed decorations and furniture to fit and entirely new aesthetic. Over 300 people stood milling about and dancing, in the foyer alone. I looked around the crowd and met Oliver's eyes. He was standing with the rest of his band, and several other men. Everyone stared as we all came down, half of us just being normal and the other half smiling and waving like they just won a pageant. I went in the opposite direction of Oliver and straight for the buffet table. I still couldn't eat all day, not with Oliver sneaking judgemental glares my way throughout every meal, and was hoping to sneak some snacks when no one was looking. And I desperately needed a few drinks in me if it was going to be that type of party. I was hoping for slightly less people, loud music, and a bunch of dancing. Not suits and mingling and themed cocktails. The spread on the table was over twenty feet long with some fruit, a fancy cheese board, cocktail shrimps and more cookies and tiny cakes than I had ever seen at once. I poured myself a cup of whatever was in the punch bowl, and just as I picked some food up,

"Hey," I set it back down immediately and spun on my toes. It was Jordan Fish.

"Hi." I smiled.

"I'm Jordan, you are?"

"I'm Kylie."

"Ah, a winner?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'd like to think so?" I laughed curiously, and Jordan chuckled.

"I mean, you're living here a month. You won that contest?" I nodded and sipped my drink. It tasted strongly of vodka so I took a bigger sip of it than originally planned. "Well, I would offer to get you a drink but it seems that's already taken care of." Jordan said as he poured himself one.

"I would say thank you, but it seems there's no need."

"Well, Kylie, It was nice to meet you." His accent was adorable, and he spoke so softly. It was nice. "But I should get back." Jordan took a cracker and popped it into his mouth before diving back into the sea of people. Why rush back? Is Oliver's leash that short? I turned back to the table and looked around at what to eat first, sipping my drink.

"Ky! Come dance!" Kendall grabbed my arm but I shook her off gently. I skulled my drink and a couple jello shots with that before following Kendall. She lead me to the lounge by the pool room where people were sat having intellectual conversations on the couch, and dancing like strippers. Party girl or nerd. I started dancing slowly to the blaring music with Kendall, Perrie, and Violet by my side. I felt someone's hands on my butt, and turned to see someone I didn't recognize.