Chapter 8, Happiness

Start from the beginning

"Mom, look! Dad tied my hair!" Elena exclaimed, skimping towards her mother, hugging her leg.

The teal-haired gently patted her daughter's head. "You look so cute, Elena! Why don't you show it to your Uncle Komui? He's already in front of the house."

The silvernette nodded before skipping out of the room leaving her parents behind. Allen huffed as he stood up and approached the teal-haired.

"She reminds me of you when you were young, Lenalee." He murmured, wrapping his hands around her waist. "...except for her hair color..." He placed a small kiss on her cheek.

Lenalee giggled. "She got it from her Dad. She's our daughter after all..." She replied. She then pulled away. "We better go, too. Nii-san's already here to pick us up."

She felt him flinched at the mention of her brother. She turned around and grinned. "Don't worry. He won't bite you."

The white-haired shuddered slightly. "I do hope so..."

"Uncle Komui!" Elena exclaimed happily as she ran towards her uncle, who was standing in fornt of a horse carriage, waving her hands cheerfully.

"My sweet little nephew, you look so cute today!" Komui praised happily, literally squealing, as he lifted the girl up in the air and spun her around. He then stopped when he noticed her hair.

"Oh my! You tie your hair into twin pigtails?"

The girl nodded. "Dad tied it for me! How do I look?" She asked.

Komui's eyes turned into hearts and he began to spin her around again.

"WAHHH! YOU LOOK EVEN CUTER THAT WAY!"

"Uncle...I'm starting to feel dizzy."

"Uh...sorry, sorry..." He grinned as he stopped and placed the girl back down.

"Good morning, Nii-san!" greeted Lenalee as both Allen and she came out from their house. Allen closed the door and locked it behind them before carrying the picnic and walking up to the older Lee with the teal-haired by his side.

"Good morning, Komui-san! Thanks for coming to pick us by the way!" said the white-haired once they were in front of Komui.

"It's nothing! After all, today's a free day for all of us! No paperworks for one whole day!" Komui exclaimed happily, throwing his hands up in the air.

Allen and Lenalee sweats-dropped. 'That's your point?'

Komui then regained his posture and walked to opened the carriage's and stepped aside. "Hop on! Everyone should be waiting for us."

"Yes!" the three replied in unison as they walked onto the carriage. Komui was the last one to enter the ride. After he had entered, the coach began to move.

"What's wrong, Allen? You look pretty nervous today." Komui asked, raising a brow, as he eyed his brother-in-law, who was sweating nervously.

The white-haired flinched slightly at this. "No, I'm not. It must be your imagination, Komui-san!" He replied with a goofy grin.

"Are you sure? You look like somebody's about to kill you!" Komui said.

The white-haired shook his head. "Nope! It's just your imagination! Definitely your imagination!" He whimpered.

Komui sighed and decided to shrug it off. "Well...if you say so..."

Lenalee giggled slightly as she watched Allen sighed in relief.

Elena could only blink, not knowing anything.

A few moments later...

"We're here!" Komui announced once the coach came to a stop. Allen opened the door and stepped out first. After that, he helped Lenalee stepping out from the carriage and then Elena. Agter Komui had exited the carriage, he bent down to pick up the picnic basket and closed the door.