Come meet me by the boardwalk. It read, Niall giggled, picturing Issac waiting for him and surprising him in a romantic way.

As he began walking outside,getting stopped by Harry.Zayn stood besides him, his arm wrapped around his waist.Niall eyes scanned how close they were,"Where are you going?"

Niall looked between his bestfriend and Zayn , feeling a bit awkward.Zayn glared at him,"Um I'm going outside."

"Want us to go with?"

"No"He shouted over the music,"I'll be right back."

He began to walk, pushing the door open to the hall.Feeling the salty breeze on his face, he laughed again as his fingers brushed the note inside his pocket, feeling giddy.Issac was never really the romantic kind but maybe now he's changed, right?

After a short five minute, Niall pulled his shoes off and began walking in the soft,wet sand.His eyes focused on the wooded board walk that he could barely make out from the dim lighting the moon was broadcasting over it.Once, he reached the rocks besides it, his eyes searched for Issac's tall figure.

"Issac! Babe!"He yelled.Niall felt his waist being grabbed and he quickly turned around."What the fuck!"He knew it wasn't his date.There stood Liam, he had grown so much yet his mind eyes still gave Niall reassurance.But at the moment, he was squinting, angered, looking at his ex.

"How could you come here with him?"He said harshly, letting him go.

Niall scoffed,"Why do you care?Aren't you here with Mark?"

"I care that you aren't here with me"He said, getting closer to Niall's face.

"You-"Niall's words were interrupted, having Liam pressed their lips together.Nostalgia took them back to their past.But everything seemed different, Liam was different, he was different.Niall shook his head, pulling away."What are you doing?"

"Do you not want this as much as I do?"Liam placed his forehead on his.

"I have, for the past two years I have wanted this.But now I'm happy, now I'm with Issac."

"You can't tell me you're happy with him!"

"Not as happy when I was with you,"Niall paused,"but I'm happy."

Liam stepped away,"I want this Niall but if you don't,go back to him"Liam spat.

Niall stood there, his memory flooding back.Their moment of pure bliss, happiness and love but-"You broke my heart,Liam.Months after you left, I sat in my room in cried.You don't understand-"

"You don't think I wasn't heart broken.Seeing you with Matt, of all people,Matt!"

Niall nodded, feeling his eyes pool with tears,"I'm sorry but I didn't know how to get you back."

"Get me back?"He yelled,"A boy who outed me, outed us to my parents.Who left me to fend by myself is equivalent to me breaking up with you in a relationship that we were both clearly not happy in!"

"I told you I'm sorry, okay?"Niall sighed, the waves crashing behind them.

Liam nodded, trying to calm down.He leaned closer to Niall, brushing their lips together."If you're willing to, do you think we can give us another shot?"

"I just want you to promise me one thing."Niall paused,"Never break my heart again"

He nodded, smiling.Niall stuck out his pinkie, a child like appearance made Liam chuckled.He linked his own finger with his, pulling them together.Their chest pushing against one another, Liam leaned down.Even after a few years,Niall hadn't grown much and Liam had a few inches above him.Their lips connect, hotly.

All their pent up tension was released , their hands traveled along each other's bodies.Niall wrapped his legs around Liam's waist, being placed down on the rocks.

They heard a loud whistle, a flashlight being shown in their face.They pulled away, seeing Harry and Zayn looking at them.Both shared a devious smile,"Good to know it work!"

"You put the note on me?"Niall's eyes widened, hopping off the rocks.

"Well yeah, who else hugged you tonight?"

Niall chuckled, it dying down as he realized."W-What about Issac?"

"He's inside, waiting on you.I can tell him to go."

"No, no.I have to call it off."Niall pulled away,"I'll be right back."

"Well walk you there and wait outside the room."Liam responded.

"What about Mark?"

"We broke up yesterday, I told them I still loved you."

Niall grinned up at him, nodding before they began to walk.

--

"I'm really sorry."Niall said quietly, Issac and him were outside of the hall.

"No, no"Issac smiled sadly,"It's fine.Ill see you around"Which wasn't true,Issac was moving across the country on a scholarship the next day.Niall knew that but he nodded, he turned around before saying goodbye.

Issac did the same, walking slowly to his car, slinging his jacket over his shoulder before beginning to walk.

Niall nodded, biting his lip before walking to Liam's car.Harry and Zayn sat in the back, Zayn still held a grunge towards Niall but decided it was best to let that be now that Liam and him were back together.

----

Since then, Liam and Niall remained together.College was a bit tricky, they stayed in the same city but different universities.

When Zayn was leaving, Liam began to feel awkward about living by himself with the Malik's.So the summer after graduation, Liam and Niall rented a one bedroom apartment, both worked part time.Liam in a construction area and Niall in a fast food place in the mall.

Niall majored in law while Liam was going to continue studying in becoming a neurosurgeon.

Their lives were all planned out.Planned out together.

----
1500 words
Okay okay. This isn't the last chapter but it kinda is....

Like next part will be another time jump and it'll be the last part.

Hope y'all enjoyed

•J