Chapter 2: The Holy King

Alesha

"Wait! I don't know what a Demon looks like..." I put my hand down. Boy is he fast, I thought, he is already out of earshot. I sat down and waited, then I noticed these little flames hovering above the ground. I walked over to one and studied it for a moment. Isn't this... hot? I put my hand a few inches away from the fire. I didn't feel any heat coming from it. I decided to leave it be.

Then after a few seconds I got curious, so I closed my eyes and plunged my fist into the flame. My hand was not even a little hot. How strange. I opened my eyes and the fire I saw a moment ago was no longer there. I looked rapidly around for it.

Where did it go? I looked around, counting only four flames, not the five there were originally. I rapidly counted, two, three more times until I slunk to the ground. Maybe I just imagined it... There's no way it could just vanish.

Then, all the sudden from behind me came a familiar voice, "Why are you on the ground Alesha?"

I stood up quickly and brushed myself off and said, "Oh, it's nothing, nothing at all."

Aram smiled at me and nodded, "Alrighty then." Aram's head bobbed as he looked at the scene behind. "Wait weren't there five fires?"

I turned beet red, and would have confessed if not for Liz coming out and saying, "You numskull! When you were looking for your swords another one must've been saved."

I took a deep breath and silently thanked Liz for the save, but then Aram looked at me and again asked, "Were there only four flames?"

I shrugged. "I-I d-didn't count..." It wasn't a total lie.

Aram sighed. "Well alright then, I guess that's two more Demons we still have to deal with in the future."

Then Liz chipped in, "And you know whose fault it is? Yours!"

Aram pointed at himself, flabbergasted. "Mine?! Maybe if you had just told me where my swords were it wouldn't have happened!" he argued. I could see the fire in his eyes, and I had to admit his messy black hair and his passionate blue eyes made him look handsome.

I began to laugh at their little argument. They were face-to-face when they both looked at me, puzzled. Liz glared at me and Aram turned away. "I'm sorry, it's just funny how you are arguing over such a tiny thing."

They both took a step back and they grinned. Aram said, "Well I should probably put these out now." And in a few seconds all the fires were put out. He then sat down and went into his backpack. "Who's hungry?" he asked. Then all the sudden my stomach let out a loud growl. "That sounds like a customer to me. Well step right up, step right up, to Aram's quality food service!"

"Aram you dunce! Stop acting so silly!" Liz said, as she hit him on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Aram asked.

"I told you! For always being so silly all the time!" Liz hit him on the head again. "I mean really, can't you take anything seriously."

"Hey! Stop that! And neither can you!" Aram said, trying to swat Liz out of the sky.

I couldn't help but smile at their little argument, when my stomach growled again, this time it sounded like it was just looking for attention. They both stopped messing around and looked at me, causing my face to feel warm and itchy. I looked away from their stunned faces. "S-sorry."