"Stop."I hit his hand away."People are starin' at us."

"Well, duh. I'm August Alsina."He said with a smile.

"So arrogant."I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Not really. I'm actually real humble."

I made a unconvinced face."You? Humble?"

"Yes me. I don't take nothin' I earned for granted."He shook his head.

"Neva' said you did but you sho' don't mind flaunting it around."

"Hey,"He held his hands up,"if you got it, flaunt it."

I sighed and brought my hands together on the table."I guess."

The waitress finally came back with our breakfast thirty minutes later and it almost tasted betta' than the food from last night.

"So when can you bring us back to my grandma's house so we can hit the road?"I asked him.

"You mean bring you back so you'ca talk to them?"

"Talk to them? What are you talkin' about? I talked to them yes-"

"You know that ain't what I meant."

I folded my arms across my chest and sat back against the seat."And why does it have to be done today? It could be done years from now just like they-"

"C'mon now Hazel, don't be petty."

"How am I bein' petty?"

"Well we not gon' act like you didn't give them much room to explain."

"I think my MawMaw pretty much told me all I needed to know yesterday. They did it cause they thought I couldn't handle the truth."

He shook his head."Thea's always more to the story just like thea's more to yours."

"More to mine?"I scoffed."August you don't even-"

"Look,"He cut me off sternly,"we not doin' this hea'. You goin' back today to talk to your people then you'ca leave once everything all good."

I reared my head back and tried my hardest not to laugh at his ass."And who are you to stop me from leavin' when I please?"

Lookin' up from his food he stared directly at me."Don't test me Hazel."

With that bein' said my arms remained folded across my chest as I watched him and Treasure continue to eat.

On the inside my emotions were movin' all over the place since my cycle came down earlier this mornin'; so me bein' irritated with almost everything going on right now was an understatement.

Not to mention I knew today was probably my Auntie Evette's last day and nine times outta ten she would be droppin' by my MawMaw's house today along with her ignorant ass daughters. If I run into them today I can't be responsible for what happens.

Breakfast continued for August and Treasure as they went back and forth talkin' about school, dolls, and tv shows while eating. Meanwhile I pulled out my phone and sent good luck wishes to both Amiyah and Neveah since they texted Remi & I that they made it to the fashion building in New York.