C.17

C.17 || Club Scene

August

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringin' next to me

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringin' next to me. Unfortunately, I didn't get to it quick enough so the person gave up on callin'.

I blinked a few times so that I could see straight befo' I grabbed my phone and checked the front screen.

The call I had just missed was from Frances but I also had two missed calls from Hazel from two hours ago. Must've been from Treasure.

The last I'ca remember befo' I fell asleep was Treasure talkin' bout the baybeh doll Amiyah bought her. I didn't mean to fall asleep on her but damn could she talk her la' ass off.

I sniffled a lil and sat up fully in the bed. The covers slid to my lower waist as I stretched my arms and upper body out. The light from the sun was no longer pourin' into the room from the window so that obviously meant it was some time at night.

Befo' I checked the time I decided to call Treasure back, I ain't really feel like hearin' Frances mouth. If it's really important she'a text me.

Goin' into my contacts again I hit Hazel's number. Only this time, Hazel picked up instead of Treasure.

"August?"

I yawned,"Yeah it's me."

"Did you call earlier?"

"I did but I ended up talkin' to Treasure instead of you."

"I've told her about answering my phone."She sighed."What'd y'all talk about?"

"Anything baybeh could think of. Found out she like some PowderPuff Girls show."

"PowerPuff Girls not Powder."She laughed.

"Oh, thought she said powder."

"Nah."She snickered."So what'd you call for?"

"Oh I was just callin' to tell you the clinic appointment set for Tuesday at nine in the mawnin'."

"Okay. It might be a lil tough though."

"How come?"

"Treasure can't stand doctors."

"Real?"

"Mhm. When she goes every now and then she'll cry all the way thea'."