C.50

C.50 || Graduation Blow-Out

August

I knocked on the door for the second time before stuffing my hands in my pockets and taking a step back.

"Who is it?"She shouted.

"Anthony."I answered with a smirk.

I heard her messin' with the door for a few minutes until she eventually got it open.

"Hey you."She laughed.

"Hey mama."I chuckled, opening my arms to hug her.

Over time we've been workin' to get over the whole long distance and miscommunication thing. A few months ago I couldn't even tell you the last time we actually spoke. Now it's eitha' I call to check on her or she calls to check on me.

"I didn't know you was down hea'."She said as she shut the door behind me.

"Yeah, we outchea' to get Hazel family. We all taking my jet to Philly."

"Really?"

"Yeah. We going to her brotha' graduation."

"Oooh okay."She nodded then smiled.

"What?"

"What?"

"Whatchu' smiling like dat for?"I took a seat on the couch.

Shrugging her shoulders she continued to smile."It's nothin'."

I smacked my lips."Really ma?"

"Whaaat?"She laughed."Okay, okay. I just..Ion know, it's just different seeing you like this."

"Like what?"

"Settled down with a girlfriend and a child."She took a seat across from me."You like it?"

I nodded."Of course. I actually wanted them to move in with me but Hazel didn't want to."

"I could understand why. Maybe she's just not ready for that step."

"Yeah,"I sighed and laid back,"I'm ready wheneva' she is. I got them a la'spot though."

"Is it close?"

"Yeah. She don't know it yet but it's getting put together for her right now. By the time we make it back to the A she should be moving in it."I smiled.

"Aw, how nice Aug."

"Yeah. Hopefully it make up fa' what I may be bout' to do."I scratched my head.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you know how I recently got under new management right?"

"Right."She nodded.

"Well I talked to her bout this movie I wanted to play in and she pulled a couple strings for me. I auditioned and got the part I wanted."