C.59

C.59 || Baby, Baby, Baby

Hazel

"Where do you want the portrait to go?"Damon asked, holding up a portrait of a collage of August & I.

"Um, bring it over there please

"Um, bring it over there please."I pointed towards the corner near the cake.

"Hazel, what time am I supposed to be picking up the fruit platter?"Remi asked.

"Uh,"I looked down at my watch,"right now actually."

"Got it. I'll be back quick."She waved to me before strutting towards the door.

Sighing, I laid a hand on my stomach & tried catching my breath. I don't know why I was so anxious today but it was getting worst by the minute.

Today is my baby shower and what was supposed to start off as a small get together turned into a big party I was in no mood to throw.

"Alright so I just got off the phone with-hey, you alright boo?"Amiyah placed a hand on my shoulder after seeing me standing in the middle of the floor with a blank expression.

"I'm managing. What were you just sayin' though?"

"It's not important right now. Haze you not looking too good, go take a seat."

"No I can't."I drug a hand down my face."I have too much to get done."

"No, that's why we're here."She gestured around the room."We're helping and getting everything done so you won't have to."

"I know, I know but I need to make sure everything's good."

"Everything is good. We got it."She assured me."Now go take a load off. I know your feet hurt."

"They do."I frowned. There was nothin' worse than swollen pregnancy feet.

She snapped her fingers before pointing to my empty table.

"Alright, alright. I'm going."I waved her off.

Fixing my dress a bit, I waddled off to my designated table. As soon as I took a seat my body relaxed and for a moment I was actually content.

"Mama!"Treasure came runnin' up to me.

"Yes Treasure?"I sighed.

"Can I go by Kayden house after this?"

"If you ask your Auntie or Uncle and they say yes, then yes."I answered honestly. I love my baby but I really needed her loud ass out the house.

I know we don't get to spend as much time together as we used to so I tried to make up for it by dedicating an entire week to her last week. She wore my ass out to say the least.