"Well it seems to me that this is where it changes." He breaks the silence. "You lived last time but this this time, you won't make it."

My hands burst into flames, a wicked grin on my face. "I doubt it."

"Oh?" He raises his eyebrow, a smirk on his face. "We'll see about that."

Not even a second later, we lurch at each other. My hand burns with bright blue flames and his with deep red magma. Our fists collide and I grit my teeth from the force of the collision. But I don't back down. The thirst for revenge fuels me.

"Give up, you delinquent." Akainu yells. "You have no chance of winning this battle."

"I will avenge my father!" I scream at him, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I refuse to back down now. Not after making it this far.

"Then you will die trying." He spits at me in fury.

We go flying back and I stand gasping for air before lunging at him once again. He tries to punch me with his burning fist but I manage to put up a barrier just in time. My headache becomes increasingly worse and the edges of my vision blur. I shake my head, refusing to fall unconscious at a point in time like this.

I refuse to fall.

With strength I didn't even know I had, I slam my fist into his chest sending him flying across the platform. But he gets up within seconds and is sending magma flying at me once more. I throw up a hand, gritting my teeth as the magma hits my shield.

At this rate, I won't be able to hold up for long.

I hear shouts behind me as my friends fight, risking their lives for a person I care about even though we recently met a few mere months ago. A tear slips down face and I realize I'm crying.

I'm afraid that after taking my father, the government will take them too.

I hastily wipe away the tear with the back of my hand just as another ball of magma comes flying my way. I block it and send an arrow flying at Akainu. He easily dodges it.

He laughs. "You stand no chance against me, little girl."

I freeze. My eyes widen as I realize that that's Kid's nickname for me.

Only his.

My anger flares and I bare my teeth in rage. "Never call me that again."

I jump at him, fist raised in fury, ready to strike. I ignore the pain in the back of my head and focus solely on the task at hand.

I have to destroy him.

He flies out of the way of my strike just in the knick of time. My fist goes slamming down into the platform, cracking it in half. My hair flies wildly around me as the floor starts to fall from beneath us. My eyes fly up, wildly search for (F/N).

Where is he?

I finally spot him, sliding down as one half of the platform tips to one side. I scramble up from the ground and dash towards him, almost tripping over my feet.

"(F/N)!" I scream, reaching out a hand towards him, desperately trying to grasp his.

But he's still chained and can't move his hands. I trip over a rock and am sent sprawling towards him as we continue to fall. I finally catch a hold of his collar and hug him close to me.

For a second, time stops.

He still feels the same as he did two years ago, though he has gotten much more muscular since then. His tufts of hair brush across my cheek as I close my eyes for a split second, wanting to remember this moment. I remember the boy who risked so much for me. The one I am willing to sacrifice my life for.