Chapter 19 ~ That One Marauder Who Captured My Heart

New chapter as promised :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LONGBOTTOMS TORTURED FOR INFORMATION:

Early yesterday morning, Bellatrix Lestrange and her fellow Death Eaters broke entry into married couple Frank and Alice Longbottom's house. They performed the Cruciatus Curse on the pair; torturing them for information. The couple refused and were eventually tortured to insanity. They are now both in unstable conditions in St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Illnesses. Mrs Lestrange has been caught however her accomplices still remain unfound. If anyone has any knowledge or whereabouts of the wanted Death Eaters please contact the Ministry of Magic Auror's Office IMMEDIATELY.

"Oh my god!" I gasped shocked at the current news I had just read.

"Is everything ok love?" Sirius asked walking over.

I showed him the paper silently.

"My bloody cousin! I hate her!" He cursed slamming a fist on the table.

I remained quiet.

Maia began to cry upstairs and Sirius walked away to get her. I stared at the picture of Bellatrix who was being confined to Azkaban. Pushing the paper away I stood up and walked to the window of Grimmauld Place. At least today we were moving into a beach side cottage to live in rather than this terrible house.

"The sooner the better." Sirius's voice came and rested a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around; he was holding Maia who was staring at me with her beautiful blue eyes. "I swear you can read my mind sometimes. I've just been thinking lately, this war, I'm afraid to lose you...both of you." I stroked his cheek and then Maia's.

Sirius held my hand, "You won't lose us. I promise".

"I hope you're right."

"Of course I am." He kissed my knuckles.

~O~O~O~

I held Maia's tiny hand and bounced her on my knee; we watched fireworks that were being shot into the sky. We were in our new cottage; it was very open and beautiful. Three bedrooms two bathrooms, a lovely dining room and the backyard was the beach.

"Can you see them?" I asked her pointing to the sky.

A small giggle left her lips and her hair turned pink.

I laughed.

"Good girl!" I praised kissing her cheek.

Her hair turned to her natural brown meaning she was content. The fireworks continued to burst in the sky.

"Katie?" Sirius's voice was hoarse and almost a whisper.

I turned around, his face was pale white and his fists were clenched.

"Sirius what's wrong, you look awful." I stood up hurriedly and propped Maia on my hip.

"It's James and Lily, I think...they're de-ad." His voice cracked on the last word.

My free hand slapped across my mouth in shock, "How do you know?"

Sirius held up a letter and I began to read.

Sirius,

You-Know-Who gone! Dead! We can all celebrate!! LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER! Sorry to hear about his parents though, your best mates. Stay strong old mate.

Well I'm off to par-tae.

-Dedalus Diggle.

A tear rolled down my cheek, "No." I whispered.