Chapter 3 ~ That One Marauder Who Captured My Heart

All Harry Potter characters are owned by the lovely talented J.K.Rowling. Without her we would not have an amazing book series that everyone has, just about, grown up with.

____________________________________________________

I kicked the fresh, autumn leaves under my feet, in the air was November's icy chill, which told us all that winter was on her way.

"Katie! KATIE!"

I turned around to see James running towards me. "James!" I braced myself for the impact. He ran right into me and scooped me into a bear hug.

"James Potter! Put me down, NOW!" I laughed struggling.

He put me on the ground and let go once I was steady.

"She said yes." He breathed.

I looked at him puzzled, "Who?"

"Who? Lily Evans of course! Who else?"

I stared at him, shocked, "Lily? She said yes?"

James nodded.

"CONGRATS PRONGS!" I leapt forward and gave him a hug. "Yes! I won the bet! I won the bet!" I chanted dancing up and down in my own celebrant dance.

"What bet?" James asked, his eyebrows were raised.

I blushed, "Oh um, I bet with Sirius and Remus that she would say yes before Christmas break. Sirius bet after and Remus bet Graduation."

James grinned, "How much do they owe you?"

"Five Galleons...each." I high fived James.

~O~O~O~

I walked through the portrait hole and into the Common Room. Students were studying, chatting and playing games. I spotted Sirius, Remus, Peter, James and Lily sitting by the fire. I tip-toed over to Moony and Padfoot and pulled them by their hair so they were looking at me upside down, "Cough it up suckers!" I laughed releasing them and walking over to sit on the floor.

"Yeah, Bambi, about that..." Sirius rustled his hair chuckling hesitantly.

"Remus and I don't exactly have five galleons." Sirius confessed.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine you don't have to pay it to me now, later in the future though..."

"But Bamb-" Sirius started but I cut him off.

"No buts Paddy." I lay down and rested my arms behind my head. I closed my eyes.

~O~O~O~

"She'll kill you Sirius." I heard Lily whisper five minutes later. Quietly I felt for my wand and grasped my hand around it. I peeked through my eyelashes to see Sirius holding a bucket of water above my head. Just as he was about to pour it, I whispered "Converterent."

All the water in the bucket flushed upwards into Sirius's face causing him to splutter. Remus, Lily, James and I roared with laughter while Sirius scowled.

"I. Am. So. Going. To. Get. You." Sirius warned, his mischievous grin reappearing.

I jumped to my feet and sprinted towards the portrait, "Save me some dinner!" I called over my shoulder to the other three. Sirius chased me down the Grand Staircase until I darted into a nearby classroom and locked the door hoping Sirius would run past.

Unfortunately he saw me, "Alohomora" I heard him say and the door clicked open.

I hid at the far end of the classroom behind the black board and cast the Disillusionment charm on myself.