Three.

...All of the women, all the expensive cars

All of the money don't amount to you

So I can make believe I have everything

But I can't pretend that I don't see

That without you girl my life is incomplete...

Zayn's voice carried throughout the studio as his producers played the song back from him. He sat on the couch next to me, taking a hit of the blunt that had been passed to him, while mouthing along to his latest creation. He wrapped his arm around me, while I grinned proudly at my man.

"You like this one?" he asked me, his voice smooth and slow like honey.

I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder and laying my arm across his waist, "I do. Your voice is beautiful, and the lyrics make me feel some type of way. Plus, it's got that old school sound, so I really like that too."

He nodded, taking another hit, before passing it off to the producer at the sound board.

"Good, because I wrote it about you, and I know how you love that '90s, early 2000's R&B, so we made sure to throw some of that flair on it, you know? I really wanted to make something special."

"Every song you've ever written about me has been special, Zayn," I smiled, reminiscing about the first, and my favorite, song he wrote me, titled Fool for You, that managed to make it onto his first album. He had been so nervous when he sang it to me for the first time, worried about messing up or me not liking it, but he failed to realize that nothing he could do would be imperfect in my eyes. "Remember when you covered Nothing Even Matters on tour for my birthday?"

I grinned in at the memory. I was turning 18, and it was my first birthday without my father. Zayn was touring with his second album, telling me that there was no way he'd make it for birthday. I was devastated. I cried to Zayn for three days before he settled on buying me a plane ticket to Miami to join him on tour.

The day of my birthday, I was surprised with roses, diamond earrings, and an expensive pair of shoes, to which of course Zayn said we had to go out and buy an outfit for. After being treated to an expensive lunch, and an even more expensive Dolce & Gabbana dress, we were carted back to the arena for Zayn to begin his soundcheck, and eventually his concert.

During the show, I stood sidestage, as I always did. Towards the end of the night, Zayn addressed the audience,

"So, I've managed to get my beautiful girl down to Miami tonight for her birthday. Nalani," he looked at me, walking to the side of the stage, reaching his hand out for mine and pulling me on stage with him, "I know things have been difficult, and I can't always be there to make it better, but tonight, I want to show you how much I love and care about you."

He kissed me deeply, pulling away at the cheering of the audience, before he sat me down on a stool and the music to my favorite song began to play.

"Now the skies could fall

Not even if my boss should call

The world it seems so very small

'Cause nothin' even matters, at all"

I couldn't stop myself as I cried, wiping my tears and surely looking ridiculous as he sang to me. By the end of the song, I was sure my makeup had been cried clean off my face, and that the man who stood in front of me was forever the love of my life. He kissed me once more, telling me 'Happy Birthday', before sending me off stage in a euphoria of love and admiration.