Chapter 3

Mitch and I sit on my bed as I offer snacks and drinks. We settle on some chips and Mountain Dew. We decided to watch "White Chicks" on Netflix.

Not even halfway in Mitch and I are cuddled up with his arm around my shoulders and my head on his. It is still hard for me to comprehend, but right now I don't care. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by my door being swung open and Jacob sticking his head in with a suspicious look. He saunters in and sits at the edge of my bed.

"Whatchya watchin?" he asked looking over the back of my laptop trying to see the screen.

"White Chicks. What do you want?" I reply we a glare in his direction.

"Just checking in on you guys." He looks at Mitch and I can feel him getting tense so I reach my hand up to meet the one he has hanging off my left shoulder. I shoot Jacob another look telling him to leave. "I think I'm gunna order pizza soon, do you guys want some, also Mitch, plans? Vas happenin' man? You going home soon-ish or?"

I look up at Mitch as another push for him to answer.

"Don't know yet, I guess we'll see." He chuckled at the end as if he was trying to loosen some tension.

"What time is it?" I asked actually concerned because I was supposed to call mom and dad at round 3pm.

"Like 2:50. Oh right you have to call mommy and I have to verify that you're being a good little child so far." Jacob smirked once he realized that he could totally rat me out. My parents would have seen me get back last night except they were doing last minute packing and such for a work trip so they had no way of knowing anything unless they took a break to stare out the window of their room and see a different car dropping me off. But now Jacob knows everything and has the power to get me grounded forever.

"Whatever. Pass me my phone, let's get this over with." I unlock my phone and head to call my moms contact, "stupid having to call every day, they left this morning, I'm a good child this is stupid."

"Hey sweetie how's it going?" my mom answered the phone.

"Good, Jacob agrees, just watching as movie and then were ordering pizza. You guys good? That's good. ok bye."

"Sky, let me talk to Jacob."

"Ugh fine."

At this point I can only hear one side of the conversation. Jacob hold eye contact through the call as I hold my hands in a praying sort of way, begging him to not tell my parents before I do.

"It's Sky, of course everything is going fine. Nope, no problems. Yea, I'm making sure she doesn't get into any trouble don't worry. Ok bye."

He hands me the phone as I thank him continually.

"Yea ok bye mom. Love you guys." I hang up the phone and heave a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you so much. Now go order pizza so it will be here by around supper time."

"Yeah, yeah." He says as he leaves.

"You don't want your parents to know you're hanging out with me?" Mitch asks we a sad tone.

"No, no it's not that. It's just that because they're out of town, and I didn't want Jacob to tell them." I look up at him to make sure he understands what I mean.

He just nods and presses play on the movie. I can tell he is still tense so I reach up for his hand again and give it a light squeeze.

***

I feel movement beside me on the bed and slowly open my eyes. Once I finally have the capability of actually using my sense of sight I noticed Mitch was rolling out of my bed.

"What time is it?"

"Ten-Thirty. I should go home." He spoke softly, as if speaking any louder would hurt me.

"Ok." I say as a small breathe of air leaves my body in exhaustion. I blink, but my eyes stay closed a little longer than usual. I sense motion and open my eyes as Mitch's face is getting closer to mine. I don't want to assume he is going to kiss me but as he moves closer I can't help but want it, and at the same time pray that it doesn't happen. Once our faces are millimeters apart he moves his head slightly upwards and kisses my forehead as he pulls my blanket up more on me.

I wonder how long I had been asleep, when did I get a blanket, and what did he do when I was asleep? Before I regret what I'm about to do I run down the stairs to catch him before he exits the house.

Once I reach him i pull on his shoulder to turn him around.

"Please be safe. Text me when you're home safe." I finish saying as I move closer to him.

---

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!

Mirror Mirror (Mitch Marner) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara