Chapter 5

Today is game day so the boys only have two morning classes today, then they leave. Meaning game days are dreadful because I have to walk home.

During our second morning class, our school calls it third period though, I had English with Christian and Matthew. The boys sat on either side of me and stared at me, trying to get a reaction. And being the most awkward human alive, I couldn't help but blush for no reason and look to my left where Christian was.

"What do you guys want?" I asked in a quiet tone not wanting to create a scene.

"You coming to the game?" Matthew asked back.

"Of course. I always come to the games. Jacob is my billet you know."

"And Mitch is your boyfriend." Christian teased.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I whisper yelled as I looked around making sure no one was paying attention the the conversation we were having.

"Ok. Whatever you say." Matthew rolls his eyes as the two immature boys turn to the front of the class as our teacher walks in.

I groan as I throw my head on my desk.

"Ms. Hunter are you okay?" Our teacher Mr. Clark questioned.

"I just don't feel good. I should be fine."

"Okay. If you need to you can just leave the class."

"Thanks." I mumbled as I laid my head back on my desk and groaned once again as the boys giggled beside me.

***

I was sitting in my usual seats with Sara beside me. We go to games together because we both really like hockey and never really have anyone else to go with. Of course we have our friends, although when I say friends I mean the two people we are constantly with and a couple of peers we talk to in class.

Our friend Riley doesn't like hockey, at all. We've tried telling her how she will one day find a guy who likes hockey and it will change her but she is stubborn. Cody likes hockey but I don't get along with him very well, Sara does and has gone to a game with him but says he's lame at games. Whereas the two of us are crazy at games. Which many would not expect, mainly because we are so reserved at school and really nerdy. But you take us to a game and we're super aggressive and loud.

During the game Mitch gets slammed up against the boards directly in front of where we're sitting. After he doesn't get up for a couple of seconds I stand up from my seat to look down at him face down on the ice. Once I look back to the other side where the benches are I notice the Knights trainers rushing over to him.

Once they get him to stand up he notices me watching intently, he shoots me a smile but I can tell he's in a lot of pain. Once he's off the ice I turn around to Sara. She shrugs and stands up. We walk up the stairs to the main concourse and walk to the doors leading to the stairs taking you down to the dressing rooms. When we reach the bottom of the stairs I notice the one trainer, Doug, standing there.

"I told them you would come," He lets out a chuckle, "Mark owes me 10 bucks now. I told him you guys were getting close."

"You're making bets on me becoming friends with players?"

"No. I'm making bets on your love life. Now that I'm right we're moving on too how fast it takes him to ask you out." He smirks at me.

I sigh, "Man I hate you. And Mark."

Doug leads us into the dressing room where Mitch is sitting under his stall with his jersey and top equipment off, holding an ice pack to his head.